The Beginning

Jenny parked the car and turned around to the back seat anxiously.

"Welcome to our new home Mia."

She looked next to her at her husband who smiled back. They both looked over between their kids and I looking for the same enthusiasm. When they received nothing but silent blank expressions reactions from everyone, Jenny turned off the engine. They both got out of the car and opened the doors on either side of me.

"Josh, can you help me with the bags please." Their father insisted.

The quiet boy nodded in agreement and obediently got out of the car. Josh grabbed my other bag and followed his dad inside their house.

As they both headed towards the house, Lilly turned to me and asked, "You're not moving into my room right?"

"Lilly, don't be rude. She will be getting her own room. But, if she wasn't you wouldn't have a problem, right?" Her mother questioned her.

She got the idea and turned to me with a fake smile," Of course not."

On that note, I got out of the car and walked past them in pursuit of the house. As I got closer to the door, my steps got slower. I was beginning to realize the next chapter of my life, and that I wouldn't have to worry about my past anymore. I now lived in a new town called Wolfden, and I had a new family. I could start over again because I just got adopted...