Chapter 1 ~The escape~

[An~Okay hello everyone a little backstory for chapter 1 Clem had just turned the speakers on, and the herd was coming closer. Clem had just jumped onto Carver Luke wrestled the gun from his hand, and Kenny shot him in the knees so he's laying on the ground as Kenny...well beats his face in with a crowbar clem, Nick, Luke, Rebecca, Alvin, Bonnie, Mike, Sarita,and the rest of the group had gone outside...I hope you enjoy]

~Nicks pov~
    My body was softly shaking from slight fear. My anxiety was getting the best of me. The herd was surrounding the building. No backing out of this now. Luke had noticed how I was slightly shaking, and turned towards me.

    "Hey man, you okay? Your shaking."

    Lukes' voice was filled with concern. He was always worried about me anymore.

    "Y-Yeah I'm fine...just I don't think this is going to end well...something is gonna go wrong."

    I frown as my eyes advert to the ground. My eyes were dull, and tired yet they still shine a bright blue. The bags under my eyes were darker than ever. Danm Bill running us into the ground with forced labor. The brunette male sighs loudly to express his mental frustration but he wasn't even paying attention to me anymore but to the lurkers that were starting to surround the group. He pulls out his machete that had been strapped to his back. I pull my gun, and knife out but then decide to put the gun back.
    I need to save ammo we're almost out. The first lurker that comes from my left side gets stabbed in the skull. I watch it fall to the ground satisfied with my work. I get down on my knees, and start cutting the lurkers stomach open before digging my hands. I slowly take my hands out pulling out old blood, and tissue before rubbing it onto my shirt, arms, then my face.
    Luke helps me put it on the places I can't reach which was kinda awkward for the both of us. It made me feel like I couldn't do anything to survive on my own. Luke was always helping me. Why did he care so much? I mean yes he is my best friend but why, and how does he care so much?
    I question this before I feel someone grab my hand it was Luke. My face turns a slight scarlet color but I shrug it off. Before I could realize everyone had started walking through the herd. Luke gently guides me through the crowd of the undead flesh eaters. My body starts to softly tremble.
    The brunette looks back at me slightly confused. My eyes start to slowly fill with tears, my lips start to tremble. Lukes' eyes looked pained when he saw this. Like a little piece of him was hurt by how I was reacting to everything. He looks around for an opening in the walkers.
    Too are right there's a straight path to the woods. Luke takes a be line heading right to it. A minute passes, and we're in the woods. The other male drops my hand, and turns to me.

    "What the hell happened back there?! You all of a sudden looked like you were about to cry."

    There was something sharp in Lukes' voice. Which broken the straw tears started to slowly fall down my dirt, and blood covered face.

    "Wait, man, I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap at you. I'm just scared, and all. I almost lost my cool with all those walkers... You know...bad memories, and crap."

    Lukes' voice was shushed so nothing, and no one could hear him. He looks to the ground rubbing his neck awkwardly. Ever since I met Luke when we both just started middle school. He never liked to admit his real emotions.

    "N-No it's fine...It's just I don't...L-Like being around those things...they freak me out.."

    My voice was shaking but I tried to keep it as steady as possible. I wait for a response from the slightly shorter male. Luke thought to himself for a moment before answering.

    "Nick, it's not okay. I feel like an asshole when I snap at you I hate when I do it...Even if I didn't mean too...I understand what you mean...I feel like something was going to go wrong, and one of us was going to get a bite."

    Luke looks at me his chestnut brown eyes were pained. My blue ones finally met his. I slowly started to get lost in his eyes before Luke piped up.

    "Nick?... Did you hear me...Hello?"

    I snapped out of whatever I was in, and sighed quietly.

    "I'm sorry I just have a lot on my mind right now."

    My tired, and weak shoulders produce a shrug. I turn away from Luke and start walking deeper into the forest trying to get to the civil war sight. Before the shorter male grabs my shoulder. I flinch at the touch the other then drops his hand off my shoulder thinking he had done something wrong. I look over my shoulder, and give an apologetic look.

    "I'm Sorry...I just wasn't expecting that."

    Was all I could mumble out before I felt a pair of arms wrap around my shoulders. It was Luke. I try to pull away from his touch but I we was being gentle. He doesn't let go.

    "Luke what are you doing?"

    My face was a slight scarlet color from the embrace. But I slowly move my shaking arms around the other's chest area. The shorter male smiles then I realize his face was also slightly red.

    "You okay like you seem what's the word flustered."

    Luke does his signature laugh oh how it was so adorable.

   "Well, I think I'm allowed a free pass since we just walked through the herd."

    Lukes' eyes were bright which made a small smile play on my lips. Before I think about what to say.

    "Good point."

   Luke, and I both drop are arms from around each other. We both start walking. There were a few signs pointing in the direction we needed to head.
[To be continued]
-
-
[1046 words Jesus hehe anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter]