chapter two

A month passed since their last meeting. Everything was back to normal during that time, Lacey continued with her life as if nothing had happened. Every day she passed the requiem musician, it was the shortest route to her college, she had been using ever since acceptance, prolonging her way was not an option. Deep inside, she hoped to see Eric again, even though the explanation for her feelings was vague. There was something different with him.

            Aaron was absent all the time, he didn't attend any of the classes. She was trying her best to forget the episode with Aaron, it was back to square one with love, or rather back to level zero that never changed.

            The musician didn't play a single requiem since. She hoped it will be permanent. Last month was the only time he played a song like that. Asking him for some information was like talking to a wall. Today, once again, he ignored her.

            On her way to college it suddenly started to rain but she didn't care, there were always a lot of people running without umbrellas. It's not like she was made out of sugar so no fear of disappearing was needed. It was another simple, boring day with a bit of more water than usual. Rain was a good change, since it was sunny the whole month. Gradually the rain became heavy and Lacey wasn't even halfway close to her destination. It started to get cold but she didn't mind it, that was expected to come with the weather.

            "Where's your umbrella?" She heard a close male voice.  

            Those words are surely not meant for me, ignoring it and walking on was her course of action.

            "Stop." The voice sounded somehow familiar but she still ignored it thinking it was a talk between two other people.

            The rain stopped falling on her, although it didn't really stop everywhere. Eric was holding an umbrella for both of them. She needed a few seconds to realize what happened.

            "Spacing out like that and ignoring people is a really bad habit."

            "I am sorry... "

            "I'm glad you understand."

            "Wait... Why are you causally talking to me?!"

            "I just wanted to say hi."

           "Do not get close to me like that!" As her emotions uprised she pulled her hands up and almost knocked down his umbrella. "I did not see you for a month. You seem to know a lot of things about me, weird things happen when you are around... I was seeking answers from you and you just ran away, literally!"

            "I feel like I'm rejected."

            "Argh!!! Rejected!!!" She lacked proper reasoning while getting mad.

            "Hahaha... Argh! Haha... You sound like a pirate." He could not suppress laughter while her anger grew by the moment.

            Another person cleared his throat, Lacey and Eric continued their conversation which started to lack anything serious. That person cleared his throat again and again until it got creepy and they paid attention to him.

            "What a coincidence meeting you here Lacey. I see you still hang out with that good for nothing guy." Aaron made his appearance.

            "Like hell it's a coincidence, you've been following the poor girl for days." Eric said quickly before she could say anything. "Let's go, it's bad for our karma's to stay too close to that stalker."