Confront Mother

The day started out like any other.  You walk down stairs only to here your mother screaming on the phone about how her son/daughter is going no where in life.  You walk into the room and scream. "I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS EMOTIONAL ABUSE! I WILL NOT TAKE THIS FROM MY OWN FUCKING MOTHER."  Your mother quickly hangs up the phone in complete silence, she would never expect this out of you.  You continue "Oh and that contest, I already submitted my application and i'm recording the song tonight."  In that moment, your mother was at a loss for words and finished getting ready for work in complete silence.  

   You get to school and ignore everyone around you all day as if they don't exist.  People walk by and ask if your okay.  You give a cold shoulder shrug, still in disbelief that you would yell at your own mother  the way you did but, in the back of your mind, you knew that it was what was right.  The rest of the day was a blur, nothing seemed real until you hit the front door of your house, scared of what you were going to walk in on in the house.  Everything was normal.  You sped to your room and start thing of the songs you want to submit.  

Your song options:
High Hopes (of course)//skip to part 3
The Ballad of Mona Lisa//skip to part 4
Golden Days//skip to part 4
This is Gospel//skip to part 5
But It's Better If You Do//skip to part 6

DISCLAIMER: The song choice will not change your outcome, I just thought it would be a cute little detail.