Chapter.1

Word count: 889

*Nikaia's POV*

"Kai wake up before your late!" says my brother Raziel. I groan but get out of my comfortable warm bed to get ready for training.

I grab my black sports bra, black spandex shorts, and cute underwear and get in the shower. Letting the hot water roll down my muscles and relax me. When I get out getting dressed in what I've picked out to wear today.

~30 mins later~

I head down to the arena to train with my brother.

Training here is different we fight to be the Alpha's top warrior and I could care less about being a top warrior. My brother is the Alpha's beta so he oversees all fights for the top warrior spot. I just fight to fight it gives me an adrenaline rush.

I'm more excited about today it's my 18th birthday the day I'm finally able to find my mate, the day every girl dreams of. Wolves usually shift at the age of 15.

"Kai get in the ring," my brother says. "Who am I fighting today oh sweet brother of mine?"I say with sarcasm dripping off my words. Walking towards the cage and grip the wire from the inside. I smelt this delicious vanilla woodsy scent I turned when he spoke.

"Me," says Alpha Shaun Coldwell. In all his glory a tint of red is cast over my cheeks, seeing as he's shirtless. I look at him through the cage's fence. I bow my head"Alpha Coldwell" I say. I pick my head back up after he gives me a quiet growl of approval. That sends a shiver down my spine.

I don't think he knows I'm his mate or he's choosing to ignore it. I feel a twinge of pain in my heart.

The whole scene around me freezes except me, and I see my mother the moon goddess walking towards me. "I'm so sorry sweetheart that I haven't visited more often" she cups my cheek in her hand. I lean into her hand and smile at her "It's ok mother I know your always watching over me. But what's wrong why are you here now?" I say with fear laced in my voice. She glanced over at Shaun with a look of sadness. She disappears and everything starts to move again.

I grip the fence harder in my hands "What is she sorry for?" I say inside my head. He walks into the cage and Raziel locks the cage.

Alpha takes a run at me and I sidestep him and gut punch him. I give him a warning growl and take a shot for his jaw. I successfully meet my fist to his jaw and he falls to his knees, I feel bad about hitting him, but I'm too focused to lose this fight.

He gets back up and punches me in the side. I whine but get back up while holding my side. He takes another run at me and I throw a punch towards his jaw and he grabs my arm and uses my momentum against me and flips me on my back.

He then straddles me and says the one thing I'd never thought I'd hear my mate say, "I Shaun Tyler Coldwell Alpha of BlackLily reject you Nikaia Lavender Moon Salvador as my mate, The Clans Luna and my future alpha female" Shaun says with so much hate and disgust held in his eyes.

I feel my heart tear into pieces, tears threaten to spill. But I hold myself back. I now understand why my mother said she's sorry she knew.

Anger fills my body and I let out a loud growl and quickly flip us over and punch him in the face repeatedly. "You bastard" I growl out through my clenched teeth. He quickly throws me off of him and I hit the fence.

My claws and canines are now extended. My eyes are pitch black as Catania my wolf takes control. I take a swipe at him and successfully draw blood.

At this point, my brother unlocks the cage and pushes alpha out. In an attempt to subdue my beast because Catania and I would never hurt Raziel. "Hey Nik look at me, Cat look at me." He calls using his golden eyes on me. I flash mine back at him. It's a twin thing we have.

"I'm fine," I say. I look at Shaun with so much hate. I walk out of the cage with my brother hot on my trail and bump into the alpha not really caring anymore. Alpha growls at the disrespect and the need to submit are overwhelming but I'm angry.

I walk to my room and start to pack all my things. I look at the clock and we have been sparring for about 4 hours. "Kai I'm sorry," my brother says.

"It's fine Razi I'll go stay with Ryker, he's the only one that knows I'm a hybrid and the only female lycan to appear after 600 years. "I say kinda snapping at him. I walk out of my room. " Don't worry Razi, Ryker will take care of me."

There leaning on the wall is none other than the bastard himself Shaun Coldwell. I smirked and said, "I Nikaia Lavender Moon Salvador accept your rejection."