1.) Adjusting

You finished unpacking all of your stuff and then flopped onto your bed with a sigh.
"I know you are a bit down since you don't have any friends yet, but I'm sure you will make plenty. Goodnight, I love you." Your mom said going to bed.
Yeah, making friends will be a lot easier since it's summertime. What if nobody likes me? What if I don't make any friends?
Then a realization struck you.
What if I meet my soulmate?
You looked down at the mini tattoo of a rose on your left wrist and sighed.
Leave it up to fate I guess.
You decided to just go to sleep. You put on grey shorts and a black t-shirt and went to sleep.
You woke up to people talking downstairs in the morning. You went down in your pajamas and your hair in a messy bun from last night.
In the kitchen was your mom talking with another lady and two kids sitting there too.
"Oh, this is my daughter y/n." Your mom said signaling you to come over.
"Hi there. I'm your next door neighbor. There are my kids, TK and Birdie." She says smiling.
You and the kids wave at each other.
"Well we have to go somewhere. See you around." The mom said leaving.
"You have neighbors your age that's fun." Your mom said handing you a plate of eggs.
"Yeah, I'm sure I made a great impression with how I look." You say sarcastically.
"I have to got to work. Don't get in any trouble. By, I love you." Your mom said walking out the door.
You change into a white t-shirt and a jean skirt. You decide to just play your grandmas antique   ukulele that she gave to you in the front yard. You sit down and start thinking of a new song. You love to write sings and make music, but you wouldn't dare do it in front of somebody.
"Look out!" You hear somebody suddenly yell.
You look up to see a boy on a bike headed right at you. You quickly dive out of the way. At the moment you look back, you see the bike crush your ukulele in half.
I can't breathe.
The boy gets off his bike once it stops in your yard and starts to fiddle with his bike.
You pick up the two halves of your ukulele.
"Y-you broke it." You say quietly on the verge of tears.
"Whoops." The boy says not even glancing at you.
"You don't even care!" You say.
"What do you want me to do? Fix it?" The boy said sarcastically.
You stand there speechless.
"This meant everything to me." You say.
"I didn't speed into your yard on purpose. The chain on my bike broke. It's broken, deal with it." The boy said glaring at you.
You run into your house with the ukulele and start bawling your eyes out.
How could somebody be so heartless?
You cry and watch as he fixes his bike and then leaves.
You sit in your room and cry until your mom comes home.
Oh shoot. She's gonna kill me.
"How was your day?" Your mom asked.
"Um, I accidentally broke the ukulele." You said quietly showing it to her.
She stood there speechless.
"What happened?" She quietly asked.
"Some stupid kid drove his bike into the yard while I was playing it outside." You say.
"It's ok honey." Your mom Says.
"Really? I thought you'd be mad." You said.
"It wasn't your fault. Just get some sleep. Goodnight I love you." Your mom said leaving your room.
You sigh and flop your head into your pillow.
If I ever see that boy again I'm going to kill him.