Thoughts and Car Ride

"Seriously Ari. What is up with you."

" Nikki. Please stop asking."

I laid my head on her lap.

" You know you can trust me." She patted my head. " I don't want to loose my best friend." She spoke softly.

" Is it about that night at the cemetery cause I still have nightmares about that."

" No is not that but I do too. I've been close to death before so it's okay."

" No!" She exclaimed.  " This isn't normal. You shouldn't tell yourself this is normal because no teenagers goes through this stuff."

" I know but it's okay as long as we have each other right?" I looked up at her.

" Well when you put it that way." She smiled brightly. " Yeah."

" I love you Nikki."

" Love you too hun." She lightly pressed her lips against my forehead. " We aren't going to school today are we?"

" Nope."

" Won't Miss Scarlet ask?"

" Nah. She doesn't care."

" Don't say that. The sparks between the two of you haven't gone unnoticed."
She grinned.

" Nikki seriously stop with this already." I sat up. " Is not like that. Plus she's our teacher and not to mention my brothers girlfriend." Saying the sentence outloud made me tear up.

" Oh Ari." She hugged me suddenly which made me start crying uncontrollably.

" Something happened between you and her didn't it?"

I just kept crying and nodded.

" It's okay. Everything will be okay."

I cried for about an hour before I felt my tears dried up.

" Thank you."

" You are my best friend you don't need to thank me."

"We kissed." As I told her I felt weight lifting of my chest.

She starred at me. "And?" She stated as if it was nothing.

" What do you mean and." I snapped.

" I already told you. You guys have sparks. That was to be expected."

She did mention it a few times. Maybe I was just in denial what was between us but it still didn't explain her reaction.

" She kicked me out. My brother called out for me and when we separated she freaked out and kicked me out." I explained.

" Well think about it. She's your teacher and your brothers girlfriend. You just said it. Who has more to loose here? I would freak out too."

She unraveled the whole situation in less than 3 seconds. If i didn't know her I would say she's an expert councilor.

" Shit. I messed up didn't I?" I had been avoiding her for a weeks now. I even stopped showing up to her class. I'm pretty sure I'm failing it at this point.

" I would start going back to her class. As far as apologizing. I think the two of you are at fault. You shouldn't be acting like this and she shouldn't have reacted like that. Apologies are needed on both sides. Good luck with that."

I wasn't telling Nikki the whole reason I was avoiding Cass either. Deep down I wanted to talk to her and see her but was that really the right decision? Did I really want to risk it? Dad was probably still keeping tabs on me.