Yours Truly, Rosemarie

Chapter 1

"Rosemarie, you've come of age today! Do you know what that means?" I lifted my head up and looked at the glowing brunette with lovely pearly white angel wings. "Is it my birthday already Layla?" I rubbed my eyes and sat up smiling at my best friend who has come of age. But finished her task.

"Yes Rosemarie! Gabrielle sent me to come and get you!" I yawned and stretched out of my bed, which was pure white. "Alright Layla let me just get dressed." She patted my head and fluttered off into the next room.

Everyone pretty much treats me like a little child since I died in my human mothers belly. After I changed into my ivory dress I walked to the roof top room where the ceremony of becoming of age was held. Becoming of age is basically this ceremony the Head of Angel's throws. It's thrown to show that the angel who is becoming 17 can now get angel wings and now become a guardian angel to go down to Earth and protect someone who is in need.

"Hi Gabrielle." I gracefully moved towards her who was looking through her crystal sphere. She looked up and smiled, "Why hello there young lady!" I grinned and glanced at her sphere which showed a dirty looking city, with rats running and cars, I shivered at the thought that people at the thought of people living in that filth. "Well today's the day Rosemarie! The day you finally turn 17! Your mother would be so proud."

I smiled, my mother died when she was giving birth to me, but sadly I didn't make it either so I'm just another angel that get's to become a guardian angel. My mother on the other hand well she's just a guardian angel that left back down to earth to protect someone. Or at least that's what Gabrielle told me.

Gabrielle went over to her shelf and picked up a glowing little bag. She held it in her hands and flew back over to me, "This, is the dust that will give you your beautiful wings. But you won't get to use your wings until you complete your task." I tilted my head and stared at the glowing bag with goldish dust, "What is my task?" She set the little bag down on the crystal table and motioned me to follow her to her crystal ball.

"You see this city? In this city someone needs your help. You will know who the person is at one look. Please Rosemarie do us good." I shivered looking at the city I saw before. "So basically once I see him or her I'll know who it is?"

She nodded her head, hovering her hands over the crystal, "But I'm not going to fit in I have this beautiful ivory dress and they wear shirts, jeans, sneakers, and boots. I'll look like a freak." She laughed. An angel's laugh usually sounds like a melody, that's how you could tell if they're real or fake.

"Don't worry my angel who came back from her trip got some clothes for you." She flew over to the shelf and picked up some clothes and handed it over to me, "Now go change and come back. I have something else to give you." I nodded my head and went back into my room. 

Once I came back in my short sleeved grey top, with some ripped jeans, and some comfy boots Gabrielle handed me some sort of device. "This is to call any angel at anytime, only for emergencies Rosemarie."

I nodded my head and put the 'phone' in my jean pocket.  "This Rosemarie is a necklace that  has a melodious sound if you ring it 3 times which will make all humans asleep. This is only if you're fighting dark angels and humans get in the way." She laced it on my neck as I saw the portal door open. "Don't worry Gabrielle, I'll complete this task." I turned to her and gave her a hug.

"Be careful!" I smiled sweetly and walked into the portal which quickly sucked me in. This was definitely going to be a trip of a lifetime, I can feel it.