Chapter One, Introducing Zoey and visiting Gale

"Mom! I'm busy!" Zoey, a short sixteen year old, with long wavy blond hair, yelled at her mom, Katniss, the Mockingjay. She swung a sword at  a dummy, and switched at the last second.

"I know you are training, but it is time to go. We have to make an apperiance at the districts and the Capital."

"Can I see Luke??" She eagerly asked. Her mom paled, but curtly nodded. Luke was Gale's son. He was hot. And they always started at District Two and moved up and down from there.

"Hurry up." She rolled her eyes. She called to a pet. This is real life, but animals seemed to understand her. Buttercup, the family cat, No, Prim's old cat, she corrected herself, ran to her. Prim was her mom's little sister, She got killed while trying to heal people in the capital. It turns out that President Snow, the mean guy that hated Katniss and who held the Hunger Games, told Katniss that Coin, President of District 13, really let loose the bombs that killed her sister.

"Mommy, why do we all train, even though the Hunger Games is done?" Zoey's little sister, Rue, asked for the millionth time.

"Just in case somebody agrees with the Games that killed innocent kids."

"How do you love dad? You admitted you faked your feelings to live, which is pretty selfish to me." Zoey snapped. She secretly agreed with the Hunger Games, they may have been harsh, but she loved fighting. She would have loved being a Tribute. She had killed before, even though everybody thought it was on accident. Delly Cartwright had no right reading my diary. Zoey thought. After Delly confronted Zoey, they had to practice fighting against each other.  Everyone figured that Zoey accidentally missed her target, she said it was Delly's arm, and chopped her head off. She even went to the extreme lengths of crying. Idiots. It was weird how much Tracker Jackers and Mockingjays liked her, though. They never harmed her and they always were near her. She asked a Tracker Jacker to attack a boy that hit on her, once, and he got stung. She didn't say anything about it, and everybody thought that he got too close to a nest.

"I fell in love with him in the process."

"You did? What of Gale?" Zoey retorted.

"Enough." her mother snapped, as they got onto a train. The trains flew, they went over 250 miles per hour.

"If mommy was with Gale, could you be able to see Luke?" Rue teased. She got punched in the face.

"ZOEY! When we get back to District 13, you are SO grounded, young lady!"

"She has NO right saying those things! NO RIGHT!" Zoey yelled. She stormed away from their cart and found Haymitch, drinking. She grabbed some of his alcohol, and drank down some of his spirit. It burned but this was a daily accurance.

"HAYMITCH!" Katniss exclaimed, walking in.

"Yes, Sweetheart?"

"Why the hell would you let my daughter drink, Haymitch!" She snatched Zoey's hand but Zoey pulled away.

"You drank at my age."

"I had a reason."

"Did you, now? What was that, exactly? Finding out you had to fight again!?"

"Go to your room." Zoey stormed out of that compartment and into her room. She punched her pillow and scoffed. Who is she to tell me not to do what she did? She fell asleep, mad.

"Up!" Zoey woke up to pounding on her door.

"Are we there?"

"Yes." Zoey jumped up and went through her drawers. She picked up a green shirt and black pants and threw on her hunting shoes. The train stopped and she jumped out. She scanned the people for the person she wanted to see.

"LUKE!" she screeched, seeing that beautiful brown hair. He turned around and barely had time to react as she leaped into his arms. They were hugging. He spun her around.

"I missed you."

"I missed you to!" she noted how he smelled good."Off to work?" she said, frowning when he nodded.

"Why don't you come?" she nodded and jumped onto his back. They walked down to the place they worked, she didn't know what it was called, well she got a ride. The people cheered when they saw her. She saw one guy, a few years older than her, checking her out. He was tall, strong, and he had dark brown hair. His eyes were gray, He was hot.

"Hello, Zoey Everdeen." an old man kissed three of his fingers and held them out to her, and other people did, too.

"Hello, Sir! How's work, going?"

"Good! It's hard work.. Your mom here?" she felt hurt, why did everyone prefer her mom?

"Why wouldn't she be?" she snapped. The guy shrugged and the kid that was checking her out noticed how angry she was. She'll be perfect. He thought, with glee. She kissed a kid's cheek, the one she rode the back on, and went to hunt. He followed her, slyly. He saw how she shot even better than her mother.. He waited until she was fully into her shooting before he walked up to her. 

"Hello." she jumped, but she liked how -his voice sounded. Like music .

"Hi, there. If you're looking for my mom, she's signing autographs in the square." he was takenaback how bitter she sounded.

"I was looking for you, actually.." he thought her blush was adorible.

"Oh....."

"How long are you gonna be here?"

"A few weeks."

"I'm Cato."

"Zoey." she held out a hand, after shooting an arrow, and shook his.

"Pleasure."

"Have a seat on this log? I found this place when I first started coming to District Two. I wanted to hunt so I wandered and I found it." She motioned around and he noticed, for the first time, the sound of a stream.

"It's beautiful."

"Thanks." she aimed towards a big red bird that started taking flight, and hit it. He noted how she killed and didn't take them as food. 

"So, is it true you beheaded a girl named Delly Cartwright because she read your diary?" her arrow flew way to the left as she started with shock. 

"How did you know that?" She knocked and arrow and pointed at Cato.

"Woah, calm down. What do you think about the Hunger Games?" 

"HonestIy? That they were good."

"Would you like to have them started again?"

"Who are you?" she asked suspiciously.

"I am the son of President Snow."