Chapter 3

I was up most of the night, so annoyed with my decision from earlier. I walked over to my nightstand and pulled out the white lingerie set and furry handcuffs that I purchased to wear to a friend's party, but never used. I would definitely wear this for him tomorrow night, but would he even want me? Smiling to myself, I picked up the flimsy little thing, a condom, and the cuffs, dropping them into my bag. All I needed now was my long coat. Good thing it was a little chilly out in the evenings.

Arriving in the morning, I was again greeted by Shannon, only today he wasn't smiling. "Watch out, Jared seems to be in a mood today."

"Oh?" I sat down and picked up the list left for me today. Shayla was there today so I trusted that he would be busy keeping her busy.

"Yep, just watch out." He insisted, walking out the door. "Later."

"Thanks for the heads up." I told him pushing my bag under my desk. It wasn't long before everyone came in and we all got busy. Jared walked past me but didn't speak or smile at me. Poor Shayla was running right behind him. I knew she would suffer a rough day and I felt a little guilty about that.

A few hours later he stalked over to me. "I need you to go pick up lunch for everyone today."

"Sure," I smiled. He does this sometimes, he will order pizza or some kind of meal for all of us. He truly was sweet to do that and I didn't mind picking up lunch.

He gave me a list. I knew he was really pissed since today he let everyone choose where they wanted lunch from. That meant that I had to make like seven stops. "Thanks, get whatever you want as well.

"No problem," I replied, picking up the bag from under my desk and walking outside clenching my jaw.

It took me nearly an hour to pick up everyone's food. Some of it wasn't even hot by the time I got back and they had to reheat it. I sat back down and ate my salad in silence.

After lunch, he came over to my desk blaming me for misplacing some important paper. I never even saw this paper to begin with so I had no idea what the hell he was babbling about. "I need it today. Make sure you find it!" He demanded.

"I'll try." I knew that I didn't have it, but looked for it anyway.

"Try hard." He was being such a jerk today. I never did recover the paper he was looking for, but by the time I was finished with everything else, I was so annoyed.

Everyone was gone for the day so I walked over and locked the door. I could hear him on the phone talking in the lab. Picking up my bag I walked into the bathroom to change.

I looked in the mirror nervous and unsure that I could go through with this. I picked up the coat and pulled on, closing and tying it round my waist. Reaching into the bag, I pulled out the white furry cuffs and the condom, slipping them into the pocket. Stepping back into my heels, I took a deep breath and I walked out of the bath.

He was still on the phone when I walked in. I stood with my arms folded and listened to him make an excuse to terminate the call. "Did you need something?" He inquired.

"Actually, yes. You weren't very pleasant today and I couldn't help but think somehow that was my fault."

"Samantha-" He started to say, looking over at me, but I cut him off.

"I wasn't finished." I spoke with authority. Moving closer to him, I pushed him down in the chair. The look on his face was perfect, I wish I had a camera. I moved quickly behind him, restraining him.