Chapter 6~ The Cove

Melody's POV

The next day I woke up with a huge smile on my face. I hurried through my morning routine as fast as I possibly could. I was so focused on leaving, I didn't notice my fin change to legs underwater until I couldn't swim anymore.

"Melody?" Mike asked as he swam up to me. My legs changed back to a fin and I gasped.

"How long have you been able to do that?" Mikey asked.

"I have no idea."

"Weird. Keep an eye on that, ok?"

"No problem. Can I go now?" I asked, a slight whine in my voice.

"Fine, go," Mikey chuckled, and I opened up the tubes back to Earth. Once again, I was dumped into the Pacific. I swam until I found some terrain that looked vaguely familiar. Smirking, I swam to the cove. When my fin could touch the floor and I barely was entirely covered with water, I switched to my legs, figuring it would be easier to come out of the water. I didn't expect Craig to see me walk out of the ocean.

"Well, you're here earlier than I thought you would be," I chuckled.

"If I hadn't been here early, I would have never fully understood why your friends call you Ariel."

"What do you mean?"

"You looked like her when Triton changes her fin to legs and she emerges out of the water and runs to her prince."

"Did I really?" I asked.

"Yes, you did. And it was awesome."

"I'm glad you think so."

"But wait, I'm confused. Don't you have a tailfin when you touch water?"

"Yes, but this kinda just happened this morning and as I was expecting to be alone here for a while and didn't want to drag myself out of the water, I figured this would be easier," I said simply.

"Oh," He said, not seeming to know what else to say.

"It's weird, I know."

"It is a little weird. So I have to know, how did you manage to come back?"

"I snuck out," I lied.

"You what?"

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding," I laughed, "My brother got my parents to agree to me coming back. But I have to leave at sundown again."

"You scared me," Craig said, putting his hand over his heart in an attempt to slow it down.

"Sorry," I giggled.

"You're trouble, aren't you?" Craig said, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Sometimes. So I have a question for you."

"Oh?" He asked, gesturing for us to sit down.

"What is youtube?"

"Oh, Jesus. You said you have until sundown, right?"

"Yes," I answered, my tone questioning.

"Good. We are going to need all the time we can get."

"Why?" Craig began to explain the mess that was Youtube and it took him hours.

"Holy shit," I said when he finished.

"Yeah."

"So essentially people film themselves being stupid, overanalyzing movies or games, or playing games?"

"Among other things, yes."

"And you film yourself playing games?"

"Yeah. Usually with my friends."

"Awww, that's cool."

"Have I weirded you out yet?"

"No, I've experienced weirder things."

"Damn."

"What?" I asked.

"It's sundown. You have to leave," He pouted.

"Aww shit, you're right," I frowned.

"Woah, language, little lady."

"Uhhhh, English?" I said, confused. He burst out laughing.

"That's not what I meant."

"I'm so confused."

"I meant, watch your language."

"Is it weird for you if I curse?"

"I just didn't expect it from you."

"And why's that?"

"You're a princess, for one."

"So?"

"Aren't you supposed to be like, all proper and shit?"

"Only in front of other royals. But I'm not even on my planet, so....."

"You are a wonder, Melody."

"I'm glad you think so. Unfortunately, I have to go."

"I'll call you later, ok?" Craig said, hope in his eyes.

"Ok," I said, before diving back into the water, and swimming home.