Leeds One Shot (Larry Stylinson)

We sat at the topmost row of bleachers, silently gazing at the stars above us. Msot people that had come to Leeds Festival 2011 had already retired to their tents due to the unexpected cold front. Of course, we weren’t the only ones that had stayed awake for the final performance of “Sweet Disposition” by The Temper Trap. But the people around us faded into a blur of motion. There was only one person I was focused on that night. As it turned out, “Sweet Disposition” was a new favorite of Harry’s and he practically begged me to stay with him for the remaining few minutes. It being Harry, there was no way I could refuse. It took a millisecond of his pleading, gorgeous green eyes for me to give in, but not without a lengthy act of mock exasperation. Since we were in the back, I could only faintly hear the lyrics . . .

“A moment of love, a kiss, a cry . . .”

If Harry wanted to listen to the song so much, why were we in the back row away from everyone?

I shivered. It was absolutely freezing outside! Harry had quite nicely lent me his green jacket earlier that evening, but the thin material not suited at all for the cold was hardly cutting it.

“Hazza, I’m cold.” I whimpered softly to him.

In reply, he gave me one of those half smiles which I adored and swung his arm around my shoulders. It was comforting to say the least, but I shivered again for a different reason.

Ever since I had met him at the X Factor a year back, I knew immediately that there was something special about him. His constantly bouncing curls, his flawless features, his adorable dimples that the girls were so mad about, and his eyes. God, his eyes! There was no way to describe them. They were emerald green, and sparkled even in the dead of night. It gave me chills whenever he looked at me. And yet another thing was his smile. It lit up the room wherever he went.

Only after months of confusion I finally realized that what I felt for him was love. I was sure when I realized it. I felt different when I was around him, like there was a constant fluttering in my chest. A good flutter. It wasn’t the type of love that you felt for a family member or a best friend (not that he isn’t, he’s the best friend I’ve ever had) but the type of love in the movies, or when you meet someone you know you want to be with for the rest of your life. True love.

I had always wondered if he felt the same way around me. We were always more intimate with each other than we were with the other boys, and were closer with each other in almost every way. Sometimes I thought he actually did like me in a different way, but then our fans started saying that we were a cute “bromance”. Since they didn’t see anything else between us, I was sure Harry didn’t either. It was obvious that he saw us only as friends. He was always such the ladies man, anyways.

Besides the fact that I knew all this, I wanted this moment to last. I didn’t care if it ruined anything; it was a risk I was willing to take. I snuggled in close to him, our sides pressed against each other. I rested my forehead in the crook of his neck. We were so close I could feel his warm breath on my face. He smelled good . . .  unnaturally good. Was it cologne? It must be, but strange that he would wear any when he knew it would just be the two of us.

I tentatively draped my arm across his chest and we held each other there for a long time.  I could hear his pulse beating perfectly in time to the music. I wondered why he hadn’t pulled away by now . . .

I was happy, EXTREMELY happy. But the words were already forming in my mouth and I couldn’t stop it. I drew in a long, shaky breath.

“Harry, I love- “

“Ssh . . .” He cut me off before I could finish. I was startled to say the least. I looked up at him with a puzzled expression.

Before I knew it, his hand was on the back of my neck, his thumb pressed against my cheek. He was smiling . . .

“Haz?”

The wing whipped around us, causing our clothes to flap and tousling Harry’s curls. I could just make out the end of the song floating in the air.

“. . . won’t stop ‘till we surrender.”

“I love you, Boobear.” He whispered, our faces centimeters apart.

I could only catch a quick glimpse of sparkling green eyes before he pressed his lips against mine.