(29.)

Bella

Bella

An Hour Later

The entire family was sitting in the waiting room, waiting for a doctor to come out and tell us how my mom's surgery went. The procedure was said to last up to forty-five minutes to an hour, so she should've been done by now.

While Cairo and Zaiden played on their Nintendo Switches, my dad was holding a sleeping Alayah, while Mila and I were sitting on our phones. Gabe was sitting to the left of me, with his hand on my thigh, while Ivy sat to the right of me looking completely dazed and distracted.

"Are you okay?" I whispered to her. She nodded her head, taking a dependent breath, as she looked down at her phone. She clearly wasn't okay, but I wasn't going to push her into telling me what was wrong. She'll tell me when she's ready. "Ugh, what is taking so long?"

"Be patient baby. I'm sure they'll be out here in a minute." Gabe said.

"And not a minute too soon, cause there go her doctor." My dad voiced, as we all got up and quickly approached us.

"Mrs. Clarke procedure was successful and she's recovering nicely." The doctor told us, knowing exactly who we were here for. I did a sigh of relief, feeling the the biggest weight on my shoulders being lifted, as I Gabe wrapped his arms around me.

"Oh thank God." Mila said, grabbing her chest. "When can we go see her?"

"She has another half hour in recovery and then we'll be bringing her back to her room, so once we do that then I will come get you all." We all thanked him, before crowding back into the waiting room.

"I'm gonna go to the gift shop and get mom some balloons and flowers." I said, knowing that everyone was going to want to tag along.

"Will come with you. Gotta get my baby some flowers too." My dad said. See what I mean? We all headed to the gift shop, picking up different varieties of flowers and balloons, going all out for our mom.

"Ivy, what's wrong?" I heard Gabe ask. I looked over and noticed her holding a pink and blue bear, with tears in her eyes.

"Ivy?" I spoke?

"I've decided what I want to do." She murmured. I looked at Gabe, knowing that he had know idea what was going on, but I'm guessing he was about to find out.

"Do you want to go somewhere and talk privately?"

"Damn, since when did we keep secrets from each other?" Gabe questioned.

"I'm pregnant, Gabe." Ivy told him. His eyes widened, as he looked at me, I'm guessing to confirm if she was serious or not. I simply nodded my head, confirming that what she was saying is true.

"I'm not sure whether to say congratulations or what, since you don't seem happy about it."

"The thing is... I've been so stressed about if I wanted to keep it or not, but after talking to both my moms today... I've made my final decision." I opened my mouth to speak, but the sound of a glass shattering, almost made me jump out of my skin.

"Dammit Alayah! Sorry, I'll pay for that." My dad said, grabbing Alayah. "Come on y'all, let's pay for this stuff and get up out of here."

"We'll talk later." Ivy sighed, walking off, but not before she sat the bears down.

"How long have you known about this?" Gabe asked me.

"Since the night of our fight. She texted me and asked me to come to New York and since I was so pissed at you, I just packed my stuff, hopped on a plane, and went to be by her side." I said. "But this stays between us, because she hasn't told her parents yet and I don't want them to hear the news from us." He nodded his head, as we went to pay for the stuff that I had picked out. 

*

After a few hours of sitting at the hospital, my dad talked me into going home with my siblings, while he stayed up at the hospital with my mom. I didn't mind though, because I was tired and I was in desperate need of some sleep; considering the fact that I haven't had a decent nights rest in awhile. 

"Will you take us to see mom in the morning?" Zaiden asked, wiping his sleepy eyes.

"Of course. After breakfast, we'll all be going back up to the hospital." I assured him, kissing his cheek. "See you in the morning. Goodnight." I got up and walked out of his room, quietly closing the door behind me. I then headed into Cairo's room, seeing that he was already fast asleep with his Nintendo switch on his stomach. I smiled a little, placing his game on the nightstand, tucking him in and tiptoeing out of his room. Two siblings down, one more to go. 

Gabe had Alayah pressed against his chest, rocking her to sleep, as he hummed a song to her. I figured she'd be the hardest to put to sleep, especially since she had a long nap earlier in the day, but to my surprise...she was fast asleep. 

"If that would've been me, she would've still be wide awake." I whispered, smiling at how cute they both looked. Gabe would definitely be a great dad. 

"She was already fussy on the way home, so I figured she was really tired." He said, gently laying her down in the bed. He then stepped out of the way, allowing me to tuck her in, before we headed into my bedroom and closed the door. "You look exhausted babe."

"I am." I stripped out of my clothes and headed into the bathroom, starting up the shower, and wrapping my hair up before I got inside. I spent twenty minutes in the shower, before stepping out, and wrapping the towel around my body. I figured Gabe would've been asleep, but I was wrong. Instead...he was sitting on the edge of the bed, shirtless, looking like he was waiting on me. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just admiring my beautiful wife." I smiled a little, walking over to my suitcase, but Gabe wrapped his arms around me and pulled me down on the bed.

"Babe, stop!" I giggled, allowing him to place kisses on my neck. 

"I missed you so much." He murmured into my neck.

"I missed you too." I rolled over on my back, looking up at him, as he leaned down and kissed my lips. "Thank you for putting Alayah to sleep. You're so good with her." 

"What can I say? That's my lil homie and she loves her big brother in law." I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him down to my lips, as I kissed him passionately. 

"Wanna make a baby?" I asked him. 

"You serious?" He questioned. I smiled and nodded my head, pushing him down on his back as I climbed on top of him. After everything that has happened over the last week and a half, I realized that I was being stubborn and there was no reason why I shouldn't give my husband a baby. Sure, we were young and still in the prime of our lives, but a baby wasn't going to stop anything we had going on. If anything, our little one would add more joy and happiness into our lives, and that was something we both needed and wanted. 

(So I Know It's Been Awhile Since I've Updated, But I've Been Hit With A Horrible Case Of Writers Block! I Slick Wasn't Feeling This Chapter All, But Oh Well. I Hope You Guys Enjoyed It Though!❤)