Prompt 3 : Blanket/Cuddle

It's been a week since the attack. Zed has a hard time getting around but he managed to get in and out of her father's Patrol car so he could spend Christmas Eve with her.

Addison stopped in the doorway with the blanket she'd went to fetch in her arms as she looked at her boyfriend on the couch. He had his fully casted leg propped on the ottoman as he tried to lean back to be as flat as possible. His handsome face tainted with black and blue bruises.

She sighed and walked around his leg to crawl beside him, carefully curling against his side and throwing the blanket over the two of them as the Classic Christmas Movie Marathon ran on the TV. Zed draped his arm over to gently pull her closer.

Four counts of first degree frostbite. Three torn ligaments in his knee. Two broken ribs. And a broken nose to go with his cut eyebrow and black eyes. Addison felt like she was rattling off that stupid '12 days of Christmas' song.

Oh, she wasn't bitter or anything. No. Absolutely not. She huffed softly to herself sarcastically. Of course not.

"Addy?" Zed's gentle voice questioned beside her. She nearly jumped out of her seat had his arm not been wrapped around her shoulders.

"Yeah?! Do you need something? I'm not hurting you, am I?!" She asked frantically. Zed chuckled, wincing from his injured ribs.

"Relax Addy. I'll let you know if I need anything." He assured, pulling her closer again to kiss her forehead. Addison sighed and cuddled into his side. "What's on your mind? I can see you're upset." He asked. She glance up at him then immediately down to her lap in embarrassment and shame.

"It's just not fair. This was supposed to be OUR year! The best one ever! I wanted to show you so much! Do everything together! But you can't enjoy any of it because of those jerks." She vented. Zed's expression softened as he lifted her chin to look up at him again.

"This still is the best one ever!" Her brows furrowed in confusion. "Anything is better if I get to spend it with you." A small smile tugged the corners of her lips. Zed smirked. "There's that smile I love." He teased. Addison giggled.

"I love you Zed."

"I love you too." His eye shone with adoration. "More than anything." Zed craned his neck down to kiss her softly, careful not to irritate his broken ribs by moving too much. Addison sat up to make his access easier.

Zed let out a dramatic content sigh when they finally pulled apart. "I've missed kissing you." Addison giggled.

"You're so cheesy." She said with an eye roll but made no move away from him. Instead, she gave him another peck before cuddling back into his side. "But I've missed kissing you too." She whispers. Zed chuckles and hugs her close, pulling the blanket back overtop of them.

With the cold winter snow blowing outside, a girl and a zombie stay cuddled and warm on a magical Christmas Eve night. All that mattered is them being together.