Time Stands Still

I have my head on Johns chest, his right hand is running through my hair slowly. He is humming the riff to one of his old songs, and I can feel the vibrations in his chest. He does this because he know it soothes me when I'm upset or anxious. I adjust myself so I can look up at him, and I find him already staring down at me. He is smiling at me. His hair is loose and covers his face slightly, but I can see the love in his eyes and the joy in his smile. His hand stops stroking my hair to run down to cup my face, his thumb stroking my cheek. "You're so handsome.." His voice is low but I can hear him perfectly, and my face heats up. My heart clenches, and I can feel the love in his words. He loves me. He's happy with me. I'm happy with him.
I lay my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. I love listening to the rhythm of it. Knowing he's alive, and here with me.
He runs his fingers through my hair, the pressure keeping me calm.
I reach up and take his other hand, our fingers slotting together and I squeeze his hand, turning to face him again. He leans down and kisses me, his beard chafing my face, but I kiss back with all my love and passion, adoring him and the feeling of his lips. He pulls away just enough and whispers "I love you," to me. I grin and repeat it.