Oh Love

Rosalie Blake

"So.Sleepy...." I mumbled, hardly keeping my eyes open in the passengers seat of my beloved car. Jason, my cousin, being slightly more conscious, was driving. and he had been doing just that for the past 10 freaking hours! I was dead beat, and so was he, because his next moronic move changed my whole life...

He turned a corner and started driving on the wrong side of the road again, just like he had been since we returned from our trip to London.

Yeah, about the changed my whole life thing? I don't mean we had a huge accident and I was crippled and blah, blah, blah. Sorry. You want a true story-guilt-trip about wheel-chair rash? Tell you what go up to the discover bar^, enter in something like that and don't bother me when I'm trying to retell my life story. I have nothing against wheel-chairs! or the people in them! okay? I just really want to get on to talking about my destiny...

Right. Ahem.

Destiny.

Before Jesus showed me some mercy and allowed me to pass out and rest my head on the dash board, Jason screamed. I was about to tell him to "Quit his squawking" as I so often did, but then the tires screeched and, my poor, sweet beloved car hit a tree! I was instantly awake and jumped out to aid my true love. Okay, yeah, I admit it, tad of a automaniac over here. Say what you want.

I didn't really care about why Jason had crashed my baby, I just wanted her to be okay, damn it! Jason flung himself at the should-be-clumps-of-road-kill'people, apologising as if he'd just killed their mothers. He should be apologizing to ME! He killed my girlfrie- okay is this annoying? I'll stop. sorry. where was I? With the whole destiny thing? oh yeah... right.

I began to fume.

"Shit!" I growled. Jason asked me what was wrong. "Fucking trashed! this'll take a solid week!!" I hissed back. I furiously turned to Jason ( the meat head) and the guys who got in our way.

To boys. One Tall and fierce yet dumbfounded as he looked at Jason and I. Pale, with dark eyes and hair. I had half a mind to-

But then I saw the other boy.

He was much shorter than his friend but then, to my displeasure, as I walked closer and reached Jason's side I saw that he was taller than me. That probably would have gotten to me any other time, but the guy...he was so...

Amazing.

He was far from perfect, or what was considered perfect. His hair was messy, his posture brooding his eyes too skeptic. His features all together where so unique and defined, I almost fell over.

His pale-olive skin was luminous. His jagged, spiky, messy black hair was absolutely beautiful. But most of all those piercing, lime-emerald, huge, bright eyes that scanned my face and sized up everything else made my blood boil and evaporate. I felt transparent and my stomach was attacked by a torrent of butterflies. I struggled to keep the anger I had felt, but realised it was no use. Wasn't I tired before? Why did I feel so alive in the eyes of this stranger.

I watched his full, lips quiver a bit and wondered what the saw when he looked at me. Then I realised I probably didn't want to know. I began to talk to fight of the gut-churning self-consciousness.

"Sorry About that road kill," I said to him

..........

And that's how it began.

They showed us to a motel, where we changed, an I passed out, finally. Rodeo, California...

I would have never guess what I was going to encounter.

I had just met Billie Joe Armstrong. Many of you probably have heard that name. This was before the fame of course. But off  the brighter side... this was before I left the Razorbacks. You've probably never heard that name before. Well, it was a gang, residing in New York, where I came from, that my family belonged to. Yes, that includes Jason too. He and I had always been 'nomadic' traveling here and there, but this trip had a bigger purpose. We'd come to find out who killed my father. We expected it to be the leader of a local Californian gang: The Saints.

Yep. You'll see what happens...