4

carters pov-

I could see a man. His skin gungy and his hair uncombed, yet looked so perfect at the same time. Along with a couple spots inked with tattoo's.

Standing a few inches away from him you could feel his soul ice cold.

I knew not of who this man was or why he had come.

He walked calmly between his companions licking his lips slowly and steadily with a menacing grin.

I had looked into his green orbs and sensed not only fear.

The thing was.

I hadn't known of what else I was sensing.

I woken up at five and got mad and went back to bed.

It is a Saturday and there is no way I was going to wake up at that hour.

But I did get up for a second to check my phone to see if Danny has texted back.

No reply..

I guess you could say he has turned into my parents when I had to leave them.

It just doesn't seem like him to do this.

I wish I didn't have to go home.

I wish I didn't have to deal with my parents.

I also wish cancer didn't exist to I could be some what normal.

My mother says there's an art to losing yourself.

But I haven't figured it out yet.

but I have this feeling in me that I will figure out pretty soon.

Come to think about it I am kind of like a animal that has been taken away from its natural habitat.

I finally decided to just get up and get someting to drink.

I wanted coffee..

so I struggled to get out of bed for about fifteen minutes and then once I finally had the strength to walk I went over to my dresser and picked out a Starbucks shirt and some shorts. and vans for my shoe selection.

"mom!!!!"

"yes" she screamed from the laundry room.

"I'm going to go get coffee right quick and idk just get out."

"okay that's fine "

"by mom" I said shutting the door and going to the car

As I walked I seen a rabbit passing by. He stopped and looked up to see a very short me. I'm not near as short as he is but in short in the human world. Sometimes I can't help but of wonder if I wasn't short. If I didn't have cancer. If I could be who I wanted to be.

But as always I try to go about my day without asking myself these questions.

These questions have haunted me.

I opened the car door and sat in the drivers seat.

Its been awhile since I've actually drove a car

Danny was the one who took me to get my license.

It was actually pretty fun. Only because I knew the girl who was in the car with me I passed.

I was 5 points away from passing and she just let it slide..

Danny waited on a bench for me and as soon as I was finished he came up and gave me a huge hug even though I practically failed my test. Not only do I miss Danny so so so so much, Im afraid that he doesnt miss me.