4

Five years later

I walked down the streets of Hong Kong with my friends as we shopped for different things, clothes, makeup, whatever.

We stopped by a bubble tea shop since we were all so thirsty. After receiving our drinks we parted ways because it was already quite late.

I turned around and walked the shortcut back to my small rented apartment, by doing this, I had to walk through this really narrow, smelly alleyway.

I was at the end of it when I realised there was this couple making out.

The guy had short, slightly curled blonde hair and I couldn't see the girl because she was so short.

I scrunched my nose in disgust at how they could be kissing here. 

Oh well, this is awkward.

I cleared my throat softly and they both turned to look at me dumbfounded.

"Can you please move? I need to get past if you can't tell."

They immediately moved away, and I walked away silently back to my apartment.

But all the way through I could feel the guy staring at me as if he knew me, I mean he gave off a kind of familiar vibe but I don't think I've seen it before.

Before I turned the corner, I heard the girl whisper, "hannie, why are you looking at her? Do you know her??"

That nickname seemed to ring a bell but I couldn't quite grasp what it was. I shrugged it off and went to get ready to go to bed.