Power Core (Cpt. 1)

--------------------
We had gone through the briefing, and are currently sitting in groups of two-two-one in each of our transport/fighter jets. The groups consisted of; Davis and Droz at the front, Bear and Gates who were to cover our backs, and me in the middle piloted by Crow. We were to meet up with the Marauder Corp convoy in twelve minutes by the IMS Draconis. Where we then would play out our own plan, it hopefully going smoothly.

After a lengthy flight we had met up with the militia chasing after the Draconis, it had successfully completed its launch, and was on its way to the fold weapon.

The SRS had grouped up a massive fleet currently hovering in close proximity around the Braxton; an SRS transport dispatching more jets as we're talking. Through the comms we had connected to the Marauder Corp I could hear their commander Sarah Briggs talk, "This is commander Briggs! We have to recover the Ark! The IMC are taking it to the Fold Weapon on board the Draconis! All ships - Flank speed! We have to hit them hard and fast! Briggs out." Yeah no shit! I thought. Was she gonna rephrase the rest of the mission briefing as well?

Then Droz spoke through his radio, "Copy that! 6-4 en route!" Followed by Davis and his excited ass, "Woo! Here we come!" Sarah came through once more "Enemy squadron in sight! Lock Archers! We've got the drop on them!" All infantry directed their Archers towards the enemy fleet waiting for the release. "Light 'em up!" countless rockets flew towards the enemy followed up with confirmations that the lock-on missiles had hit their targets.

"We're coming up on a transport! Just burn past it! We have to catch the Draconis!" The fleet split up around the Thermopylae, me and the rest of the 6-4 followed Briggs and Cooper's ships on the left side of the transport. "I got an unidentified bogey at eleven o'clock!" screamed a pilot from the opposite side of the IMC ship. "What the hell is that? Anyone got a clear visual?" Questioned Sarah to the others. "Mayday! Mayday! We're going down, we're going down!" We sped through to the front end revealing what looked like a Northstar Titan. "Someone fueled their thrusters with steroids" I said to myself. The Northstar destroyed the rest of the Militia fleet, then turning around firing at Coopers' jet. Oomph, well that's it for wonderboy. I thought, watching him falling through the air, to be caught by another jet. "Damn what's he made of? Mary Sue's ancestors?" I mumbled. "Cooper, I need a Pilot on board the Malta to secure the deck now!" Calm down lady! Captain America here had his ship blown up on him, then fell to his certain death just to land on top of another jet.

"Commander Briggs, this is Blackbird Six-Four - we can get him there. BT - we need a fastball." Crow said through his radio. "What does that mean?"
I asked. "Oh you'll see." He grinned.
I gave him a confused look, turning around looking through the cockpit window, Cooper's Titan held him in a throwing stance, looks like it's calculating the throw. It then put its fist together seemingly satisfied and threw Cooper towards our ship, "Damn, I wanna try that!" Cooper landed with a thud, "Welcome to the 6-4, Coop." Droz said, I grinned to myself at the comment. "Cooper, listen up, we can't take you directly to the bridge. We'll never get past those guns. We'll drop you off at the stern and you'll have to work your way forward." Crow informed. "Cooper, I'm going to get as close as I can, without crashing. Time your jump." He finished.

Crow took a small breath, and flew closer to the Malta. "Now! Go!" he shouted, continuing his path towards the ship, giving Cooper more momentum as he soared through the air towards the IMC warship. "Nice jump!" Davis complimented, "We'll cover you from out here, Coop" Droz informed. I watched him clean through the riflemen and stalkers with the help of my comrades.

Afterwards we received a distress call, "Commander Briggs, this is the Braxton! Between the Malta's guns and that flying Titan, we're getting torn up here!" "We're working on it - just hang on. Cooper's en route to the Malta's main gun battery." Sarah revolted. "I don't know if that's going to be enough!" The captain said, clearly afraid. "The jump drive is ruptured! Abandon ship! Abandon-" the captain got interrupted mid sentence, as we watched as the Braxton went up in flames, crashing towards the ground below.