Prologue- Where it Began

Third Person P.O.V

"Dyl, this is your new school. Your brothers will check on you every chance they get. So, be good. I'll see you at 2:30. Love you darling. Have a great day at your second day of kindergarten." Lisa, Dylans 8th foster mom, told the young daughter. Right before she drove off a young boy ran up, waving to lisa. "Hi, Lisa!" The little boy jumped, smiling at Dylans mom. "Hey, Zayn. This is Dylan, Sorry you guys haven't been able to meet yet. I need to go. Watch Dyl for me today, ok? Tell your mom we'll stop by after dinner." Lisa smiled before driving off.

The young boy turned to Dylan, "Hi, I'm Zayn." He held out his hand. Dylan smiled. The two 5 year olds, smiled to each other. "You're name is Dylan?" he asked. She nodded with a shy smile. He nods, "I like your name" he tells her. She shrugs. Its merely a memory as to why she was here, in London.

"Well, again, I'm Zayn. I live down by you on your street. My mom told me you don't talk. I think that's cool. My family and your family are really close" he said wrapping his two fingers around each other representing their bond. "My dad taught me that" he informed her. Dylan smiled.

"So who's your teacher? Ms.Art?" Dylan shook her head no, "Mrs.Brock?" and with that Dylan smiled, nodding. "Cool! Me too!" Zayn smiled holding his arm out, allowing Dylan to loop hers with his. "Let's go. I'll show you some of my friends. I have a feeling we're going to be best friends forever!" Dylan smiled holding out her pinkie finger making sure he'll keep his promise. "Pinkie Swear." He said giggling.

**

They all laughed at Dylan when she wouldnt talk to them. Calling her rude names. Well, as rude as a 5 year old can be really. Saying her name is for boys, as there was another Dylan in the class. She went to the bathroom, wiping the tears that came from her young eyes. She didn't know what to do. She walked back out, not thinking anyone would really noticed. Naive little girl .

Once she walked out, she heard Zayn yelling at all the other little girls and boys. "You guys are mean!" he screamed. "What's wrong with you! She doesn't talk because she doesn't want to. So leave her alone. You guys are horrible friends. My mom told me shes unique." He said. Dylan, not understanding the word just ran up to him and hugged him, hoping it was a nice word.

**

"Want me to tell your mom?" Zayn questioned. Dylan shook her head no, quickly scrambling to her feet from her spot on the carpet. The tears started welling up, too scared her parents will get mad at her for still not speaking, giving her up just like everyone else. She couldn't lose them or Zayn. Even knowing him for only the first week of school, she didn't need to lose another person in her life. A little girl can only take so much. "Fine," he nodded, "But if they make you cry again I want to tell them." She shook her head again.

She saw her 2, 12 year old, twin foster brothers run up to them. "Hey Dyl, hi Zayn. how was your first week of school? Did you make lot's of friends?" Marcus the one 5 minutes older than Max, questioned. She smiled, and nodded, wrapping her arm around Zayns. They laughed already knowing they're friends. Zayn felt quite happy with this gesture, the only girl with cooties he didn't mind. "Well lets get going home, Trisha asked us to walk you home Zayn." Max said. Zayn didn't mind, he didn't want to leave Dylans side.

**

"Hey everyone, could me and Darren say something?" Lisa questioned both the Osberry's and the maliks. Yaser stopped barbecuing. Tricia, with a baby bump, stopped walking towards Dylan, Doniya, and Zayn. The twins stopped swimming, and Dylan and Zayn stopped running around.

"We would just like to ask, with permission of Dylan, obviously" Darren paused, Dylan filled with hope. "We're wondering if we could officially make you an Osberry." Lisa finished for him. Without thinking Dylan ran towards her new mum. Her strawberry blonde hair flying around her, as she jumped into Lisa and Darrens arms. Everyone else cheered. Everyone else in the backyard running towards them, joining in their group hug. Everyone excited to officially start their life with the new Dylan Osberry.

**

That's how their whole story began.

As you can tell, Patricia was pregnant this year with Waliyah, Doniya is a year older than Zayn so she's there too. & at this point, Safaa wasn't thought about yet. :)

So Zayn is not going to be 21 years old in this book. He's going to be 18. So, i know i messed up the years & stuff and shoulve worked it out better. But no, they're going to be 18. Don't worry about it too much.

Vote/ Comment / Add to your library. Tell me your thoughts, please :)

Thank you :)