Chapter 19: Back to Normal?

(Part 1)

Don's POV:

I woke up with someone I never thought would be sleeping next to me. Someone I never thought I would have this close to me, wrapped in my arms. Someone I never thought would like me back, and it seems like if she does. Last night I didn't want to tell her I loved her especially since its just been a week since she broke up with Tony. So I said the first thing that came into my mind, and it's true I never liked someone as much as I like her.

I pushed Chayo's hair out of her face. She looked so at peace when she's sleeping, so angelic. I carressed her cheek and admired her beauty. I smiled remembering what we done last night. She meant that she needed me ... she must have. At least I hope. As I was tucking loose strands of hair behind her ear, her eyes fluttered opened, and she smiled.

"Goodmorning." I said bringing a kiss to her lips.

"Goodmorning." She said once I pulled away, and I noticed her smile get bigger. I smiled in return.

"How you sleep?" She asked in a sleepy voice, and let me tell you it is the most sexy sound I ever heard.

"Good. you?" I propped up on my elbow and kept smiling looking into her eyes.

"Good." She said covering her mouth with her hand while she yawned.

"I'm going to make breakfast." She nodded her head and I gave her a quick peck on her lips. I got up from the bed and headed into the kitchen.

---------------------------------------

I set the table and dished some eggs onto our plates. "Breakfast." I called out loud enough for her to hear.

I waited a few minutes, and called out again, but louder this time. Again nothing. I was beginning to get this uneasy feeling, so I began walking up the stairs.

I knocked on the door. "Chayo?" I called. No answer.

I opened the door slowly, and walked inside. She was standing beside the window with her back facing me. Why didn't she come down? Why isn't she answering me?

"Chayo is there something wrong?" I asked.

She turned to face me slowly, and her cheeks were stained with tears. What?

"Are you ok?" Once I said that I heard a buzzing noise, and my gaze went directly to her hand. In her hand was my cell phone.

Shit!

"I thought you said there wasn't service." She barely whispered. It was so quiet I could even hear her soft breathing. I didn't say anything. I recalled what I said. The thing that just didn't come out right is this moment. "My brother sent you a message yesterday morning and a few minutes ago." She said almost yelling.

"I-I was ..." I barely started my sentence but Chayo held her hand up so I got quiet.

She took a deep breath. I'm guessing to calm down. "We were supposed to go home yesterday morning." She said looking at the bed. I hope she doesn't regret anything. "Why would you lie to me?"

I looked at the bed, then her face, but her gaze was so intense I looked at my phone in her hand. "I didn't want to leave yet. We were having a good time." I said.

"You didn't want to leave yet?" She looked at me as if she was almost disgusted by my presence. "I even told you I wanted to go home. The coast was obviously clear if my brother sent you a message saying 'come home' yesterday morning!" She raised her voice.

To make things worse my phone buzzed again. "Clearly you don't care about me as much as you say. You could of took me home yesterday, and none of that" She gestured to the bed. "would of happened."

"Do you regret what happened between us?" I asked hurt. She obviously did if she said that. I shook my head. I felt a lump come up my throat and my eyes began to sting.

It was quiet, too quiet. She didn't answer my question instead she threw the phone on the bed. "I already called Marcos before you came in, and he's coming to pick me up in a few minutes." She flatly stated, and walked out the room.

I just stood there ... frozen in place. When I started to believe she had feelings for me too she regrets what happened between us. Why?

I walked over to the window when I heard a car, and sure enough it was Marcos picking up Chayo. She walked out the cabin and got inside the car.

I stared out the window. Looking at only one person that means the world to me walk away, and I'm actually letting it happen. We're not meant to be together, and I'm not going to bother her anymore. She will be with the one person she loves ... Tony.

I went downstairs, and looked at the breakfast we never ate. I sat down in my usual spot and got a piece of cold toast. I spread some jelly on the toast and ate my eggs. The cabin was quiet without her laughter. How could I be so stupid.

After everything was cleaned I took a seat on the couch. My elbows resting on my knees. I stared at the flames burning in the fireplace remembering this whole week while she was with me. Her retarded jokes, her laughter, the way she would blush when I complimented her, but I will put all the memories of her aside. I rested my head in my hands, and I did the one thing I never thought I would do ... I cried.