Graduation

The next time I saw him was at my college graduation and I just knew.

I hadn't noticed him not at first. I didn't even realise he was going to be there my mum had only warned me that Jeremiah was coming which I knew already. Once I left for Spain we began emailing one another and became friends again. Too be honest I was relieved Jeremiah and I had always been best friends and not having him around was painful but in the end we both decided to do what was best for us both and move on with our lives and so we did.

As I walked up those stairs and collected my diploma  I looked towards the crowd to my mum, my dad, Steven, Jeremiah, Mr Fisher. Conrad. Suddenly I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move, I couldn't speak. I was frozen. Seeing him standing there with the biggest smile on his face stood next Jeremiah made me feel like a million dollars. I could see the sparkle in his eyes and I knew.....I just knew.

Once the ceremony had finished I ran into the crowd and embraced my mum and dad in a bear hug and they cried. Steven lifted me up in the air shouting "You surprised us all Belly...You really did" I laughed and told him to put me down and he did. I then hugged Jeremiah and he flashed me the brightest smile in the whole world. When Jeremiah and i pulled apart I noticed that  he had gone I realised that seeing me again must have been too much  and my heart sank. Steven must seem my disappointment because he whispered in my ear " he's in the parking lot" and I didn't even say thank you I just ran.

There he was, wearing a blue tuxedo with a pink tie pacing up and down beside his car. Seeing him so anxious brought a smile to my face. There he was....my guy. As I walked towards him my heart began to race and he lifted his head but he looked unsure of what to do so I gave him the most mischievous grin and he held his arms out. Without even thinking I pressed my lips onto his and all of a sudden we were kissing right there in front of Conrad's car for everyone to see. In that moment it was just the two of us. Suddenly he pulled away and pulled me close to his chest, he stroked my hair with his hand and then he whispered in the most gentle tone "I missed you so much" I pressed my forehead against his and watched tears fall down his face and then I whispered the same thing "I missed you too". The next thing I felt was my mum's hand resting upon my shoulder and I pulled away from Conrad and gave her a smile she told me I could drive with Conrad if I wanted too just as long as I got to the restaurant in the time I gave her the biggest hug and mouthed  "Thank you" as I walked away. She then embraced Conrad whilst I climbed into the car and my mum whispered something into his  ear I never knew what she whispered I always assumed she was telling him to keep me safe but it didn't matter....not anymore.

We sat in the car for a few minutes before we drove away...we drove towards Cousins we didn't speak for the whole ride we were just taking it all in. We were finally getting what we wanted. Each other. When we arrived I ran towards the door and Conrad trailed behind he unlocked the door and I walked inside. It looked the exact same. Nothing had changed it was absolutely perfect. It was all so peaceful until "Stay" by Maurice Williams and the Zodiacs began to play and Conrad reached for my hand and asked " dance with me Isobel Conklin?" I laughed and in the most British accent I replied "I shall dance with you Conrad Fisher" he laughed and pulled me closer to him my hand cupped the back of his neck, his hand grazed my lower back and he held his hand in mine and we began to move to the music. In that moment everything was perfect and all I wanted was to stay in this moment forever but we couldn't we had to go the restaurant soon. My mum had chosen the restaurant that was Susannah's favourite, the restaurant where Jeremiah and o had announced that we were going to get married all those years ago. When we pulled away silence fell and all I could hear was his breathing. And after one minute he croaked "I love you" and I whispered back "I love you too" and then his lips were crashing onto mine and I realised that this is what I wanted. Conrad Fisher. I wanted a forever with my Conrad.