Description

Alana Hunter's life changed the minute her father told her she would be in an arranged marriage. Ever since her brother's death, nothing has been the same. Her once loving parents were now cruel, cold-hearted monsters. Her family's company that once thrived, was now knee-deep in debt. Alana's life was on a downward spiral to hell, so what happens when that spiral leads to Nick Coleman?

Nick Coleman being New York's richest and most handsome bachelor has it's perks, having all the money, cars and women in the world. The perfect life. He couldn't ask for anything better. Yet when life throws Alana Hunter into the mix, it changes his life forever.

***********************
*Book extract no.1*
Alana's POV

Two words.

That's all it takes for everything to change.

Two.

Fucking.

Words.

Arranged Marriage.

I shuddered at that thought.

"But, I don't understand why it has to be done this way, can't I just -" I was rudely interrupted by my father's booming voice.

"THAT IS ENOUGH ALANA!" He pinched the bridge of his nose and looked up towards the ceiling. "Alana this is for the benefit of the company, ever since your brother... - ever since the accident things have changed. Look I know this isn't ideal for you...but... I need you to understand and see that this, all of this, is for the good of the company. I am your father Alana and I know what is best for you, I know what you need and -"

I had enough, what is all this crap, about knowing what is best for me and about knowing what I need. "Oh, and what about what I want? Did you ever to stop and think about that? No, you didn't, you never do, all you think about is that stupid company, well what about your own flesh and blood HUH?! I am the only child you have left and it's all your fault, if you had listened to what Jordan wanted than he wouldn't be dead right now, he'd - "

"I SAID ENOUGH! GET OUT OF MY OFFICE RIGHT NOW! I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE EVER AGAIN UNTIL THE TRANSACTION DEAL IS COMPLETE! DO YOU HEAR ME?!"

Slamming my hands against the table and mustering up as much courage as possible, I stood up looking my father dead in the eyes, "Is that all I am to you? A transaction deal? Well, I am glad to know where we stand father. Don't worry I hear you loud and clear" Making sure I laced every word with venom, I turned around and strut out of his office. Slamming the door behind me.

*End of book extract no.1*

*********************************

*Book extract no.2*

Alana's POV

Pushing me up against the wall, both hands on either side of my head, pinning me in place, his hot breathed fanned my face. "You are nothing, do you hear me. Nothing more than a transaction deal. So, I suggest you stop acting like a slut and get the fuck out of my office".

Ouch.

That stung. I couldn't let him see me weak. I couldn't cry in front of him. I inched my mouth closer to his ear, "Stop denying it, you know you feel something for me. I know you feel something for me, so stop pretending. You can't deny this intense attraction you feel towards me" I bit his earlobe, making him growl into my neck.

I looked into his brown, almost black, eyes seeing nothing. No emotions. No evidence of what was once there. He slammed his fist onto the wall, causing me to flinch.

"When will you get this into that stupid head of yours and realise that I don't want you? You're just a pathetic little whore that is trying to make her daddy proud, well fucking wake up, because that is never going to happen. Your father will never love you. You killed his son, his everything. And me? You're nothing more than a transaction deal..." He looked down at me with his piercing gaze, that evil smirk appearing on his gorgeous face.

Standing up straighter I put my hands on his chest and lean in. I swear I could feel his heart beat faster through his clothes when I leaned in.

"Well then, fine... since all I am to you and everybody else is a fucking transaction deal. I will get out of your hair. You won't have to see my pathetic face until we have to say, 'I do', Have a nice day Mr Coleman" Putting on a sickly-sweet smile, I pushed him back and brushed past him.

Opening the door to his office I stepped out.

*End of book extract no.2*