Part 10: One Night

Riley was not excited at the fact that her girlfriend would be gone for an entire weekend in Miami with Mila but as Genesis explained to her, she had no right to feel any way about her going out of town. Plus, it had been a while since the two of them had taken a trip together. Mila still had not gone back home after finding out the underhanded ugliness that Francesca did. Sean hadn't stopped trying to contact Genesis pleading with her to please give her another chance. Genesis was packed and ready to go willing to leave all of the bullshit and drama in New York City. Mila and Genesis had gotten to the airport two hours in advance of their scheduled departure time. They grabbed breakfast once they had gone through the airport security that was a breeze being that they were priority check-in and TSA approved. Genesis in her comfortable attire, sweatpants, a cropped hoodie and sneakers with her hair pulled back into a slick ponytail sat crossed leg in the seats across from Mila by their terminal. Mila sat doing some last business on her work phone wearing a pair of joggers, a fitted t-shirt, sneakers and a fitted that was backwards. Her long hair hung freely past her shoulders. She looked up at Genesis who was knee deep in a book with head phones on in her own world. Mila just shook her head.

"How do you read while listening to music?" she asked her. Genesis didn't hear her for her headphones were on full blast while she was steadily stimulating her mental. Mila got up from her seat and sat right next to Genesis who still had yet to look up. Mila waved her hand in front of Genesis' face who then removed her head phones.

"Wassup," she said.

"How are you able to read while listening to music?"

"I do it all the time!"

"I know, and I ask you the same thing every time I see you do it," Mila said.

"Okay so you know the answer then..."

Mila took Genesis' headphones and heard that she was listening to Syd's latest album Fin, so she decided to put them on her head as she laid her head back and closed her eyes. Genesis didn't mind for this was something Mila did all the time, but one thing was for sure, when they boarded that plane she was gonna need her music back.

The flight from John F. Kennedy International Airport to Miami was a breeze especially being seated in First Class. Mila hadn't changed anything when it pertained to the Miami trip and there was a black-tie limo awaiting their arrival and ready to take them to the Z Ocean Hotel along South Beach. The drive from the airport to the hotel was smooth sailing, beautiful and scenic. Watching the clear blue ocean crash along the white sands once they crossed the bridge connecting them to the lively area of Miami where all of the hotels, bars, clubs and action was. Beautiful women in every shade walking along the streets in nothing but bikini's, monokini's, and bathing suits that left little to the imagination as the sun kissed their skin.

"Damn," Mila said to herself as she was enjoying the view of all of the woman along the coast. Genesis was too busy with the bottle of complimentary champagne in the limo and popped open the bottle so hard that it spilled over.

"Oops!" she said although she wasn't sorry as she started drinking right out of the bottle then passed the bottle to Mila who did the same. They finally pulled up to the hotel and were helped with their luggage. Although they were only staying for a weekend, they each had a piece of large luggage along with a carry-on. Women definitely needed options and if Miami was as popping as people cranked it up to be, the more the better for they were definitely in need of a good time to party, let loose, relax and party some more. Sleep was nowhere on their menu for the weekend.

"Mila...." Genesis said once they got to the rooftop terrace suite that was equipped with a full bar and a terrace filled with oceanic views.

"Wassup."