Chapter Six

Penelope's POV

I wake up next to Josie. My arms were around her actually. I've never felt this calm... I felt content. Then I look at her. I look at the way she moves ever so slightly when she breathes. I look at her face, how it really does not have any flaws. Everything about her is perfect.

I feel her start to shuffle around and wake up. I close my eyes quickly, so she would think I was asleep and not know I've been staring at her for like five minutes. 

She leans in and kisses my cheek. Feeling her lips on my face, I couldn't stop myself from smiling. When she saw me smile and open my eyes she let a giggle and it was the cutest thing I'd ever heard.

"Good morning," I say leaning to kiss her on the nose. She smiles and her face squishes up. I start to kiss all over her face now and she just laughs. After a minute my lips manage to make their way to her neck and suddenly her breathing becomes more erratic and she stops laughing. I start to kiss more aggressively and she pushes her head away, giving me more access. I bring my lips higher up her jaw to kiss her lips. She kisses me back, hard. She quickly tangles her hands in my hair and I move on top of her. 

The door bursts open and I immediately jump off her, back onto the bed.

"Are you guys awa- what the hell?" Lizzie asks followed by furious sigh. "I should've known you didn't want to come here to see Mom, you just wanted to be with Penelope. I can't believe you're letting her back into your life. I can't believe you're letting her do this to you again."

"What do you mean do this to me? Penelope is here because she want to save us," Josie gets up and walks toward her sister. I sit up.

"She wants to save you. She doesn't care about me. And I can't believe you're actually back together with Satan. After the nights you cried yourself to sleep because she broke your heart, you're letting her back in so she can do it all over again. She ruined you, and you know it."

I felt so horrible. I knew Josie was upset, but Lizzie was furious with me. The worst part is that she was actually right.

"You know what Liz-"

"She's right," I interrupt. Josie jolts her head back at me.

"What?" 

"I'm not good for you, Josie. You know it."

"What are you talking about, Penelope? I love you."

"You love her!?" Lizzie says. "After everything she's done to you? What is wrong with you?"

"Can you please just leave, Lizzie. This is none of your business," Josie snaps.

"Whatever. I just came in to tell we're leaving in an hour." Lizzie says before walking out of the room and shutting the door.

Josie walks back over to the bed and sits down next to me.

"Penelope I don't care what Lizzie thinks. I love you and I want you to be mine again."

"Josie..." I say looking away from her. "I love you too. But you can't possibly tell me that what Lizzie said didn't have any truth in it."

"But I don't care about that."

"I hurt you Josie."

"Can we please just forget about the past? I want to be with you. The present is what matters. You promised me you would never leave my side." Josie reaches over and grabs my hand, interlocking our fingers. "And look, I know Lizzie doesn't want us to be together. But I don't care what Lizzie wants right now. This is about what I want. And I want you. That's all I've ever wanted."

"Okay." I smile softly at the girl in front of me. She really is a work of art. I put my hands on her cheeks and bring her face closer to mine. I kiss her softly and pull away. "I want you too."

"So will you be my girlfriend?" She asks. "Again." She laughs.

"Yes. Of course." I smile.