Chapter 4

Hephaestus quickly rushed around the forge looking for anything to help Percy. Thalia and Nico rushed in when they heard the racket.
"What's going on?" Thalia asked. Thalia then saw Percy on the floor. Burn marks were all over his body, and his breathing was erratic.
"What happened?" Nico asked. Hephaestus was throwing stuff around as he looked for the handle to Destroyer.
"The suit I gave him failed. Lava got on him; he needs the ax, we need to find the handle!"
Nico looked at the blade on the floor; he then looked down at his hand. Nico was low on power, but he had to do something. Nico stuck out his hand and summoned the shadows around him. They collected into a rod of darkness.
"Thalia, strike it with lightning," Nico said.
"What?" Thalia said.
"The shadows will harden if they're struck with lightning. Just do it! Percy needs it now!"
"How do you know?"
"Trust me, Thalia!"
Thalia raised her spear, and even nearly ten miles below the ground, lightning hit the tip. She then raised her spear, and lighting raced towards the handle. Nico felt the lighting arc through his body, but he continued to hold the handle. The shadows hardened in his hand, and Nico rushed for the head of the ax. It contained a bladed end on one side and a blunt end on the other. The shadow rod seemed to extend toward the head as Nico got closer. Nico put the rod next to the head, and they connected. Blue lines raced up and down the black rod, and the head of the ax turned sea green. Nico then rushed for Percy. Nico realized he forgot Destroyer once he got to Percy. As Nico was beginning to head back, he heard Percy groan, and Nico looked down. Nico saw Percy's hand twitching. Nico glanced back at Destroyer, and he saw that Destroyer was floating in the air. Nico was at a loss for words. Then Nico smiled as he heard the sizzling sound of water vapor in the air turning to plasma.

    Magnus hadn't talked to Annabeth since Percy had enlisted Alex and him. Annabeth had made it very clear that they needed to lie low for a while. Magnus hadn't heard from Annabeth of Percy in three years, and it wasn't a stretch to say he was scared. Frederick had contacted him a week after Magnus and Alex had fought everyone pursuing Percy and co. He and Magnus had met at Fadlan's Falafel. Magnus has explained everything to Frederick about the Norse gods and had told what happened to Annabeth and Percy. Frederick had been devastated that Annabeth hadn't contacted him. Magnus and Frederick then began to catch up. Magnus explained what had happened over the past eleven years. Frederick talked about his wife and kids, and how proud he was of Annabeth. It had been nice to see his uncle again. Three years later Magnus hadn't heard from Annabeth and was surprised when Odin had called to meet him in the lobby for Hotel Valhalla. Magnus walked into the hall to see the familiar form of Odin and another smaller man. He was tanned, wore a Bermuda shirt, and held a trident in his hand. The man saw Magnus and stepped toward him.
"Magnus Chase, I'm Poseidon, I'm the father of Perseus Jackson," Poseidon said. Magnus accepted the handshake Poseidon held out and smiled.
"Hello sir," Magnus said, "is there a reason you called me?"
"Actually yes, I know you assisted my son and his girlfriend in their escape from the gods three years ago. Zeus wants your head."
Magnus gulped when he heard that.
"Of course your father intervened and said if Zeus or any of the Greek pantheon kill you or one of your friends, he'll declare war on us. And we don't want another war between the pantheons. When the Norse and Egyptian pantheon went to war, it started the Mongol conquest of Asia. When the Roman and Norse pantheon went to war, it started World War I. Point is, Zeus decided that he will pardon your crimes if you help us fight Chaos. I talked to Odin and Frey about it; they said it was your choice. Now I won't force you to fight even if Zeus told me to draft you. If you decide not to, then I'll probably say something like you died when I tried to bring you in. So what do you say?"
Magnus tried to process the crap-load of information that was just dropped on him.
"Will Annabeth be there?" Magnus asked.
"We are trying to locate Percy, Annabeth, Nico, and Hazel, and we are sure we will find them. We aren't sure when, but we will."
Magnus nodded,
"Where do I sign?"