Part 1, The Good Life

It was a rainy day in Riverdale. Veronica Lodge sat on her bed on her laptop scrolling through her feed on facebook. Times had been rough for her lately, her father trying to ruin everything she had, her mother not standing up to him. The one thing she had that was always there for her and made everything seem okay was her boyfriend, Archie Andrews. He always made the pain go away. Veronica's phone lit up with a text from Archie.

A: Hey Ronnie, can you meet?

V: Yeah sure, what's up?

A: Nothing, just meet near the field in 5.

V: Okay.

(Now in Veronica's p.o.v)

I wasn't sure why Archie wanted to meet up. I was confused, it almost made me kinda nervous. I closed my laptop lid and left for the field. Once I arrived, I didn't see Archie anywhere. "Archie?" I called. "Archie, where are you?" I looked around. Seconds later, I felt someone put their arms around my waist and swing me up and down. I turned around immediately to see it was Archie. He laughed. "Dammit Archie you scared the crap out of me!" I laughed. "I could tell." he said still laughing and then pulling me into a long kiss. "So what did you want to meet for?" I asked. Archie pulled out a beautiful red rose. "Just to give you this. Since you're the best girlfriend ever, you deserve this. " Veronica couldn't help but smile. He handed her the rose and Veronica hugged him. "I love you so much Arch, how did I get so lucky to have you?" I said wrapping my arms around his neck. "I think I'm the lucky one." he said placing his hands around my waist and kissing me passionately.

They walked back hand in hand, from the field making their way back. "Hey, my dads gone to visit my mom, so I was thinking you could stay over tonight." Archie says smiling at Veronica. Veronica smiles back at him. "I think that'd be fun." I said back. Archie and I had spent a few nights together before. Okay... many nights together. I love him so much, i don't know what i'd do without him. He's there for me through the hard times, especially lately, since everything with my dad has gotten crazy. She threatened to hurt both me and Archie, I'm always so worried he might do something, but Archie always manages to make me feel better. Still, the thought right now of my dad hurting him scares me. Archie sees that I have a concerned look on my face. "Is something on your mind Ronnie? You look concerned." he asks me. "No, i'm fine." I respond. Archie can tell that i'm not really fine. He stops walking and pulls my arm back to him and takes my hands. "Hey, what's wrong? I know it's something." Archie asks. I sigh and look down at the ground. "My dad. I just get the feeling he's about to do something bad." Archie quickly pulls me into a hug. "Ronnie, i know how hard this is for you but just know, i will be there every second for you." he says. See what I mean, he's amazing. "Thanks Arch." He truly makes it a good life.

Archie's pov

I woke with my arm around Ronnie. She looked so beautiful. I carefully removed my arm from around her and took a picture with my phone. The sound of the camera woke her up. "Archie were you taking pictures of me while I was sleeping?" she asks laughing. "How can I help it when you're so beautiful?" I say. She smiles. "Did I ever mention you're the best guy a girl could ever had?" she asks. I pull her in closer to me. "Did I ever mention you're the best girl a guy could ever have?" I ask. "You may have mentioned it once or twice, or a hundred times." she says laughing. Her laugh was gorgeous and contagious, it made me laugh too and I pulled her into a long kiss. After that she went to brush her teeth and get dressed, and I did the same.

Veronica's pov

As I was getting ready, I notice my phone buzz with a text from my mom. 

M: Veronica! You need to come home NOW! Your father is on the loose and he's up to no good.

V: What?! Is he coming after us?!

M: Yes, he will probably try to hurt us, maybe even worse, just please come home now, and hurry!

I felt as if a huge weight was dropped on top of me. I felt like I couldn't breath. And I guess my face looked concerned cause Archie noticed. "Ronnie, what's wrong?" he asks. "M-my father is on the loose, my mom thinks he's coming after us to hurt us." I say in a panicked voice hurrying up my stuff. "I have to go!" I say tears welling in my eyes. "What?! Veronica there is no way it's safe for you to go home by yourself, can't I drive you somewhere safe?" he says. I shake my head. "I can't let you do that Archie, then he might hurt you. I don't even know where he is." I say leaving the room. "Veronica!" he runs after me. I turn around to face him. "Archie please! If he hurts me,  that's one thing, but if he hurts you, that's a whole different story, and I'm not letting that happen." with that being said I leave, Archie standing in the doorway watching me go. I couldn't let my father hurt him, or our relationship. Even if hurting me was the only way to keep him away from Archie, so be it.

Archie's pov

I was frozen. How could anyone have a father who wants to hurt them and their mother. All I wanted to do was keep Ronnie safe forever. But I knew I couldn't do that, I could try though. I immediately left to go to Ronnie's house.