Part 23, Left Out

We all met in the address that Jughead gave me and started walking up the hills. It was about a 10-15 minute walk to the place we were going and it was getting dark soon. Archie of course walked with Emerson, and Betty with Jughead, I sorta just tagged along in the back. After around 7 minutes, Jughead turned to check on me. The others were a little ways ahead. "You seemed off today Veronica, and right now, is it because of the sickness?" he asks me. "Unbelievable Jughead. How can you not see what's happening, do you not see you all treating me like i'm invisible?!" I snap at him. "Veronica, I'm sorry." he says. "No, I'm sorry, you've actually been the best out of everyone, but Archie, he will not leave Emerson's side, they just laugh and talk together, it's like he doesn't even know I exist anymore. And i'm not saying like I want to have the most attention, I just wish he wouldn't ignore me and act like Emerson only exists." I say my eyes welling with tears. "I see it now, it's hard to notice sometimes when it's happening but now i see that we put you through some pain." he says. "I think I'm just gonna go home." I say. "Are you sure? It's pretty dark now and seems kinda dangerous going all alone." he says. "By this point Jug, I'm used to feeling all alone." I say with a single tear falling down my face, and I walk off.

He was right about the dangerous part. The ground was rough and I twisted my ankle trying to get back down. Branches and twigs and thorns scratched my leg making them bleed. My arms got all bruised up too. How was I gonna walk home with a twisted ankle? Smithers was on vacation so he couldn't pick me up. I guess I had to tough it out. I struggled in pain, but eventually made my way back to the Pembroke.

Archie's pov

I was having a great time, sitting under the stars on a blanket with my friends, and Emerson. She was great! Then I realized Veronica was gone. "Hey where's Veronica?" I ask. "Wow, took ya 15 minutes to notice." Jughead starts. I look confused. "Archie, you've been acting like she doesn't even exist. You're too busy with Emerson. She was acting off all day today, and maybe if you noticed her at all you would've known that she threw up twice. She left 15 minutes ago." Jughead says. My heart drops. What if she was... pregnant. I shook it off. "She left?! What if she gets hurt, she's all alone." I say. "Yeah i told her that by she says by now she's used to feeling alone and left anyways." Jug says. "Crap. What have I done? I have to go." I say running off to go find her.

Veronica's pov

I stumbled through the door and fell as I walked in. "Oh my gosh Veronica what happened?" Ally asked. I sigh. "It's a looong story, I don't really want to talk about it now." I say sadly. "Okay, are you okay? Emotionally?" she asks. I pause. "No." I say. "Those cuts are bad Veronica and your ankle is turning blue and purple!" she says. "I'll take care of it." I say. "Can I help you with anything?" she asks. "No... actually would you mind running to the drug store and getting a brace for my right ankle?" I ask. "Of course." she says grabbing her phone and some money and leaving. I limp to the bathroom to get a kit and then go to my room and sit in a chair to try to fix my wounds. My legs were still in pain and bleeding a lot. Everything hurt, my legs, my feet, my ankle, even my heart. I used a damp washcloth to dab them, but they still seemed to be dripping blood. I decided to focus on my ankle. I sat in the chair still and put my foot up on my bed putting some ice on it. Then I tried to wrap it with bandages but it was tough because I could only be in one position or else it would be in more pain than ever and from this position I couldn't do it. I sighed. "Hey." a voice came from the door. It was Archie. "Can I help?" he asks. "You don't have to do that." I say. "But I want to- oh my gosh, Ronnie those are bad cuts, and your ankle!" he gasps. I sigh again. "Yeah, well here's the after math of walking down rough hills in the dark alone." I say upset. He sits down and starts wrapping the ankle. "Ronnie, i'm so so sorry for everything, I don't understand how I haven't seen what's happening today." he starts. "Archie you acted like I was invisible. I just done get it, what happened?" I ask angrily. "I don't know, I guess I was excited about her love in music, she seemed like she knew a lot about it." he says. "Can you please forgive me?" he asks. I pause. "Yeah." I say kinda quietly. He moves closer and kneels down taking my hands. "I love you.. so so much Ronnie." he says. I smile. "I love you too Archiekins." I say. He leans in and kisses me. Ally comes in with the brace. "Hey I got a-" she starts but then sees us kissing and gasps., covering her eyes with one hand. "Sorry! I didn't think i'd see you guys... ya know." she says with a hand gesture. We laugh. "You're completely fine." Archie says. "Anyways here's a brace for your left foot." she says setting it down. "Thanks Ally." I say smiling. "So... what exactly happened today? Jughead literally just called me and said you threw up twice..." she says with a concerned look. "Three times." I say and then getting up immediately and trying to make my way to the bathroom. After I managed to leave quickly Archie and Ally exchanged horrified looks and ran after me. I threw up for the third time today. After, I brushed my teeth and left. "Oh gosh, i'm sorry." Ally says. "It's okay, I think I know what this is." I say with a single tear rolling down my cheek. "Archie can we talk in my room?" I ask. He nods and I pull him in. I sigh. "I think I know why I'm throwing up..."

BOOM! Two parts in one day! Thanks for all the love and support! Peace out ✌️