Chapter 4

"No. Definitely no." he replied, a bit harsher than he intended.

She blushed a bit and looked at him, surprised.

"I mean..." he continued, embarrassed. "I'll sleep on the couch, you can take my bed."

"Conan, I'll sleep on the couch..."

"No, it's okay. I'll stay here watching television. If you want anything... just ask."

She cleared her throat. "Could you... lend me a sweater? I don't want to sleep in this dress."

Her dress was a bit dirty at this point; she had sat on the sidewalk and walked around a bit carelessly. Conan looked at her head to toe for a moment. This girl, barefoot, with a dirty dress and slightly messy hair must have been the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. And to think she would cover herself with a piece of clothing that belonged to him... he swallowed and excused himself to change clothes and to bring her a sweater.

She was completely mesmerized by him. If it was any other guy, on any other situation alike, she would've backed off that instant. But Conan was different. She knew him for two and a half hours and she thought he had never met such a sweet, polite, special guy before. She sighed. He could be an idiot, maybe this was all a lie and she would end up being seduced by him to be disappointed afterwards.

As she thought about it, he came back, wearing an old blue t-shirt and gray, loose sweatpants. He came scratching his head, with a black sweater in his left hand.

"I hope this one fits." He said, shyly. What a beautiful creature he was.

She nodded in return. He turned the television on. "I won't be able to sleep, I guess... so remember: anything you want... just ask."

"Thanks Conan... you're very kind." she smiled.

"No problem." he smiled back.

She went to his room. More boxes, a typewriter, band posters, lots of pictures. She figured he wouldn't go in, so she stared at a board he had on his wall, with lots of pinned pictures of him with people. She smiled. He looked happy. She wandered around his bedroom silently. She looked at the bed for a moment, while taking her dress off and putting on his sweater, wondering if he shared that bed with someone recently. She put her dress on his typewriter's chair.

His bed was huge, it was covered in white sheets and it looked really comfortable. She sat on it, burying half of her face in the pillow afterwards. It smelled like him. She nuzzled it. She rolled around so she could absorb his smell a bit. His sweater also smelled like him. She giggled a bit at this absurd reaction. He was there, on the living room. She could just invite him in.

She sat on the bed, looking at the slightly parted door. The living room was dark, just the dim light of the television could be seen. She decided to peek on him a bit, see what he was doing. She could see him there, next to the refrigerator with a glass of water on his hand. He was finishing it.

As he did, he scratched his stomach with the other hand. She could see a bit of his belly, his shirt right above his navel. She admired his white marble skin, and one of his hipbones which was showing. She started blushing, thinking about how soft his skin looked and how good would be nibbling it. She chuckled. She continued watching as he put down his glass of water and came back and lay down on the couch, facing his bedroom door.

His legs were too long; she noticed he was waving them out of the couch. He had enormous feet, which was comprehensible due to the fact he was so tall. She looked at him, with those baggy old sweatpants, playing with the fabric of his t-shirt. It was difficult not to be attracted. She could just go there and... ask him if he couldn't...

"Are you alright?" he asked, startling her.

It was almost morning at that point. She didn't notice the first rays of sunshine entering his bedroom through the window. He could see her now, partially. He got out of the couch and walked to her as she stood there. She looked up at him.

"Yes. I'm sorry."

"No problem. Are you comfortable? Do you need anything?" he purred. He was so close, that she knew if she leaned a bit, her face would meet his chest. And his smell was making her lose her mind.

His heart was beating so fast. He didn't know what to do or how to react. She got on the tip of her toes and kissed him. He gasped as their lips met, ever so softly. He couldn't think of anyone that had ever kissed him like this. Her hands met his skin, underneath his t-shirt, sliding from the top of his navel to his chest. He shivered at the sensation, letting his hands smoothly caress her waist and her back.

"Come to bed with me." she whispered against his lips, grabbing his t-shirt and slowly walking him into his bedroom.

He didn't hesitate.