Chapter One

The sun had barely kissed the sky as the red-eye from Boston touched down in Beacon Airport, the flight wasn't even close to being full as Beacon County wasn't exactly a destination spot and everyone getting off the plane were coming home. Amongst the small crowd was a sixteen-year-old brunette girl who was dragging a hand down her face as she hiked her duffel bag further up her shoulder, yawning as she did so.

The brunette was heading towards baggage claim, struggling to juggle her bag and adjusting her oversized hoodie, she tiredly yanked her suitcase off of the conveyor belt and placed it down on the ground, although it didn't stay there long as a hand grabbed the handle and picked it up.

"Hey!" Rory let out suddenly before she turned and a smile overtook her face,
"Hey"

"Hey"

Stiles Stilinski, in all his glory, was standing in front of the girl with her suitcase in his hand and a grin spread over his face.

"What are you doing here?" Rory questioned as she fought off a yawn.

"When we talked last night you mentioned that your flight got in now and you didn't have anyone to pick you up" Stiles shrugged slightly,
"So I thought I'd come get you"

Rory grinned up at him widely,
"Thanks"

"Come on, we'll get breakfast on the way" Stiles grinned at her before reaching his hand out for her to take which she did gently, allowing the boy to lead her to his Jeep where Scott was standing waiting for the pair.

"Hey" Scott greeted the girl, hugging her tightly once she was close enough,
"How are you?"

"I'm good" Rory nodded with a smile.

The trio piled into Stiles' Jeep, the boy beginning to drive to a diner that the two best friends go to on occasion, the trio sitting down in a corner booth, ordering breakfast.

"So," Scott started, catching Rory's attention,
"Did you find anything out?"

Rory frowned gently before glancing at Stiles who was beside her and had taken up shoving a mouthful of eggs into his mouth,
"A bit"

Scott glanced between the pair across from him with a small confused look on his face,
"What did you find out?"

Rory cautiously glanced around them for a moment, making sure that no one was listening in on them,
"It's called witchcraft. Kate had a whole bunch of books and stuff back in the office in Boston that's been pretty helpful. They're full of techniques and spells – yes, spells – and stuff like that, so I've just been working through it all and it's working out pretty well"

"That's good" Scott nodded as he scooped up his own mouthful of eggs,
"So, no more exploding windows?"

"No more exploding windows" Rory confirmed with a nod before frowning slightly,
"I told all of this to Stiles ages ago, I thought you would know all this"

Stiles hunched forwards, jolting slightly as Rory gently touched his back,
"You'll choke, dude"

The trio moved on from the topic and started discussing school and random topics that had occurred over the summer as they ate and laughed together.

Rory was setting up her apartment, specifically, the corner where all the toys, bowls and litter box was for her new puppy that she'd gotten after getting back to Beacon Hills, deciding that her apartment felt a little too lonely and empty, especially seems as though she was living alone.