1

- - - - - - - - - Alex - - - - - - - - -
My mother and I were walking into JCPennys when it happened. She needed a new clothes for her new job and a woman had accentually bumped into me, causing me to bump back into my mother.

My mother is who made me terrified of everything and everyone. She had beaten my brother Taylor since he was nine and I was four. Drugs and alcohol were what she turned to after our father died.

The beatings continued until he was fifteen;that's when she cleaned herself up. Taylor and I were proud of her, and she had finally began to step up and be a good mother.

After Taylor moved away things began to change. She went back to her old ways and the bee rings started again, but this time she hit me. I had no one. When Taylor comes to visit she tells me to keep my mouth shut and pretend to be happy, or else it will only get worse for me.

After bumping into my mother, she came unglued. He turned around and hit me as hard as she could with the back of her hand, causing me to fall to the ground. Then the real beating started. She grabbed a belt from the rack and began to hit me with it.

"Someone call the police!", a woman shouted. A man had grabbed my mother's waist and pulled her away from me. All I could see were blurry spots and small stars.

"Stay with us sweetie, everything will be okay", we're the last words I heard before everything went black.

- - - - - - - - - - - - Taylor - - - - - - - - - - -

It was a beautiful day outside, so the boys and I decided to play a little bit of football outside while the weather was good.

I threw the ball to Nash and passed it to Gilinsky before being tackled by Matt. Shawn chases after Gilinsky while I ran after Carter. I tackled Carter right as he caught the ball from Gilinsky.

"Yeah baby!" Matt yelled and did his little victory dance, making us all laugh.

I helped up Carter and Johnson ran out looking worried. "Taylor, you gotta come see this man, it's your mom and some girl named Alex." I ran past him and inside, seeing a video of a woman beating a girl with a belt inside of a store.

My mom was beating my little sister.

"Fuck! No no no!", I kept mumbling the word "no" over and over as I tried to reach Alex. The boys didn't know who Alex was, they had only met my mom once after she dropped me off at the airport when magcon first started.

After trying to reach Alex it went straight to voice mail, so I called the hospital. The woman asked for the patients name and how I was related.

"Alex Canniff and I'm her older brother! Please tell me she's gonna be okay", I pleaded and said as calmly as I possibly could.

"Okay Mr Canniff, your sister is going to be okay. It seems she has two cracked ribs, a broken wrist, and permanent scaring in her back all from long term damage; but her recent trauma consists of seven large gashes on her back, a blacked eye, and she seems to also have another gash on her forehead. It's probably best you get to the hospital immediately because we can't do anything for her without writes convent from a family member or guardian."

My heart sank in my chest. Long term and recent. My sister was being beaten worse than I ever got it and I didn't even know.

"I'll be there as soon as I can", I said before hanging up the phone. All of the boys were downstairs and looking at me as tears brimmed my eyes and anger rose inside of me.

"I'll explain everything later, but right now we need to get to the damn hospital now."

They nodded their heads and we took two cars there. Hayes, Shawn, Matt, Cameron, and I in my Range Rover while Nash, Johnson, Gilinsky, and Carter rode in Johnsons black hummer.

I didn't give a damn about the speed limit and put my flashers on that way Cops won't pull me over. We turned a two hour drive into fourth five minutes. I parked and ran inside as fast as I could to the front desk.

"I'm here to see Alex Elizabeth Canniff", I said worriedly. The front desk lady gave me a pitiful look and told me room 445. I rubbed my face and let the tears finally spill. The 4th flour is where they take kids and teens who refuse to speak to anyone.

The boys were confused but conferred me. We went the the elevators and headed up to Alex's room.