2

- - - - - - Alex - - - - - - - -

I was laying in the hospital bed, hugging my knees as I watched out the window. The sun was up and I could see all of the big buildings reflecting its rays.

I soon heard a knock on my door. I don't know why the doctors are still even bothering. They know I refuse to speak with them. If I tell then she'll hurt me more.

"Alex?" I turned my head at the sound of the familiar voice and my eyes lit up. It was Taylor. I got out of bed carefully and hugged him tight. He began to hug he back, but stopped once he realized my back was bleeding through my shirt.

I pulled away and looked down. He wasn't supposed to find out about this. How did he find out? I didn't tell anyone. Fear instantly took over. She's gonna think I told.

Taylor realized I was scared and held my face in his hands. "Don't be scared. She isn't going to hurt you anymore okay? I promise you she will never lay even a finger on you again."

I nodded my head and sat back down in the hospital bed. I looked behind him to see that there were boys outside. A lot of them. I got shy quickly, and turned away, looking out of the window again.

"Alex, I'm giving the doctor consent to help you. I want you to not be in pain when I take you home with me."

I looked back at Taylor once again and nodded my head. I have no idea where his home is, but I do know that he lives with a lot of roommates.

Taylor left the room and shut the door behind him. Sighing, I turned back to the window. I really wish I hadn't caused all of this.

- - - - - - - - - - Taylor - - - - - - - - -

I walked out of Alex's room and Cameron patted my shoulder. "We are here for you man, is there anything you need us to do?"

I looked at them and smiled. "I need you guys get Alex's things from my moms and take them to our house. She can get the guest room on the top floor. She likes suckers, gummy bears, and brownies so stock up on those. And I need one of you to bring me back some of her clothes too. Thank you guys for supporting us through this."

They all nodded and gave me a smile. Hayes volunteered to bring back clothes and stay with me.

After everyone left and the doctor had given Alex her stitches, a police office approached me outside of her room.

"Mr Caniff, I am office Connors. I was hoping to ask you to sign the papers handing over your mother's parental rights over to you. She is no longer going to be allowed to see your sister and is going to be locked up for a very long time."

"Of coarse officer," I said taking the pen and reading over the papers. I understood everything, so I signed the papers and wished the officer a good night.

I am officially Alex's legal guardian. Wow. I never thought in a million years it would have to come down to this. I really did think mom had gotten cleaned up. I guess I was wrong.

Later that night Hayes came back to the hospital along with the rest of the boys. I gave them a small smile and sat in the waiting area.

"How's she doing?", Shawn asked sitting down beside me.

I rubbed my face and sighed.

"The doc is in there stitching up her back and her head. He said he was going to give me some weight gain pills because apparently she has an eating disorder due to our mother. They gave her a splint for her wrist and if her ribs start to hurt her we have to bring her back."

Before anyone could say anything the doc came out and handed me her pills.

"She is ready to go now. Her stitches can come out in ten days, but keep an eye on her. She still hasn't spoken to me yet, which is to be expected. Make sure she keeps that splint on too."

I nodded at the doctors words and took the clothes from Hayes, and giving him the pills to hold. I know I'm going to have to crush them up and put them in her food. Alex Hayes pills.

I walked into Alex's room and gave her the clothes.

"Let's get you home kiddo."