Prologue

"It's finished! She is finally done!" The scientist announced as he burst into his boss's office. The boss had been overseeing a major project for AIC and the company was recently pressuring him to have it finished up before the end of the week.

"Are you being serious this time?" Mr. Taj hadn't even looked up from the papers on his desk, unaffected from the announcement since the last time this had happened it was just a joke. He didn't want to get his hopes up in case it was the same circumstances.

"Of course I'm being serious this time boss. Please don't tell me you're still upset about last week." Mr. Taj finally glanced up at Juang Yan, the head scientist for Project AICP, and saw the panic that was slowly building up inside him. Juang had almost found himself out of a job last week when he had joked around, so Mr. Taj found it appropriate to take his time answering to antagonize him.

"Of course not," he finally answered with a dead smile on his face. "Now, when I get up and go look at what you and the team have accomplished and I see that it is still not done, you are all going to have to find new jobs." Mr. Taj heard Juang Yan audibly gulp before he got up and walked around his desk. "Well, lead the way."

"Of- Of course, follow me." On the way, Mr. Taj listened to Juang Yan film him in on what the have.

"The Artificial Intelligence Computer Player, Venus, is fully ready to be inserted into the game when the restock goes live next week. We have written her a full, complete background so if any personal questions are to be asked she will be able to answer them without problem. When she goes to 'log out', she will simply pass out before she is able to click the button and dram of her 'other' life."

"Good, that is exactly what you were assigned to do Mr. Taj nodded in approval. "She is set to make her own choices correct? They want her to behave like a human being, with her own free essentially." Mr. Taj saw Juang nod before he went on, "If they find out that any of her choices have been influenced by us, our department may be shut down."

"Don't worry boss, this is why we requested the extra time. Venus has been collection the data on the players for the last three months. She has been processing it, analyzing it, and her decisions and outcomes will be largely determined from that data." That eased up Mr. Taj's worries. Deep down, even though his team manages to get on his nerves quite a lot, he still cares for them and doesn't want the department to actually be shut down.

"Alright, thank you Juang." Juang Yan was too in shock from his boss thanking him that he didn't notice they had already arrived and were just standing there for a few moments in silence.

"O-oh boss, we are here."

"I know," Mr. Taj smiled at the scientist before he threw open the doors, genuine excitement building up in his chest.

-

Alright! Here's a short little prologue for you guys. The first chapter will be up this Saturday!! I'm really excited lol

(P.S. Don't be discouraged by how short this is, I'll have full length chapters for you guys)

Please don't forget to comment and vote!