• 5 •

Is it fate?

As I'm standing on the side of the road trying to flag down a cab, I decide to call Aubrey and tell her how much of a failure I am since taxi drivers literally hate my guts and ignore me at all costs. Perks of not being a city girl I guess.

"You were sooo close Hallie!!" she says very angrily. "You were right at the door."

She can pretend that she feels bad because she knows I want to move out, but let's be real here. Her disappointment more comes into the fact that her friend Skye can't move in yet cuz my ass is too afraid to talk to Jason.

"Trust me, I know, I know. But it could have just went to bad. I mean we haven't seen each other in so long and come on, you really think four guys want to let a girl come into their house, let alone one of my is my ex. Nuh uh."

I start to walk home because I don't think the whole "cab" thing is going to work out. On the way to Jason's apartment building Aubrey had to get one's attention for me anyways and she's back at the dorm, so walking it is.

Just as I start to say "I'm just gonna head back and think of another way to talk to h—" I bump into a hard chest because I was looking down at my phone to map my way home.

As I panic to look up and say "sorry" while also trying to look for my phone that has fallen on the ground, I see a wayyy to familiar face staring back at me with a very confused look on his face.

"Hallie?"