• 7•

Apartment 5005

Hallies P.O.V.

Wait. Did that really just happen? Did Jason fucking Aldridge really just invite me to his apartment?

Listen, I get it. I should be happy and all because that was the "great plan" before I chickened out but now, now I just think that this is flat out insane. Like seriously, what are the odds?

All I know is I DO NOT believe in "fate," and I promise you this I'm not gonna start now.

I guess I can admit he looked good. Okay, better than good. I could tell he just finished from his run so the sweat slightly dripping from his forehead made his face shine in the sunlight.

He's wearing one of those white, open-sided tank top that just manages to show his amazing abs that, if you saw them, you'd never forget them either.

But it was just such a weird encounter. I mean he fucking called me "it". Explain that! And explain how I'm supposed to respond to that!

While that was very, very weird, the thing that was bothering me the most was how concerned he was. I could see it in his soft brown eyes by just the way he was looking at me and how his voice softened when he realized that I fell or that I had cracked my phone or when he saw my finger bleeding.

The weirdest part too is I don't think he even realized that he was concerned. But I knew. I knew because I knew him better than he ever knew himself. I guess that was why we worked so well when we dated.

Don't get me wrong, him seeming to care so much should be this "great" thing, but more than anything it confused me. Don't get me wrong, he's always been a great guy, caring for the one's he loves and always looking out for them. But I just didn't think that he'd act so caring towards me after all this time.

Like I said, we ending on a good note. But once he was settling in for college it's like I didn't even exist anymore, it's like the small town we lived in didn't exist anymore, it's like the promise he made to me that our friendship would never end didn't exist anymore.

I would text him or try to call him of course, but as time went by his replies would take longer and longer each time until, I gave up. So I think subconsciously this situation angered me more than anything because it seemed like the sweet person I loved and cared for so much never left him. It's just that I wasn't the person he was willing to give it to anymore. That's what hurt the most.

He was so stubborn to get me to come up so I follow him through the gorgeous apartment building and pretty much the whole ride up the elevator was silent.

I've never been much of a city girl but I couldn't help admire the building we were in. It is a very modern skyscraper pretty much, but it had its subtle charm that seemed to put me in a trance. Maybe the city's growing on me.

I really thought I saw it all until on the ride up the elevator. All of the sudden light shined through and I was astonished. The elevator had a glass door and once we passed the first couple of floors I began to see an amazing view of the city. It was truly mesmerizing but then it made me start thinking: how fucking fancy is this place? Ands since when did Jason get into all of this "over the top," fancy stuff.

We reached the final, highest floor and I followed him through the hallways until we reached the last door. As he held the door for me I witnessed an apartment dream.

This place is fucking insane. Even if I wanted to move in I wouldn't be able to pay the rent to live in this place. I can't even IMAGINE how much it must cost.