Chapter 9

Everyone heard the loud thwip sound.

A couple of curious heads switched their attention to a splatter of web on one of the brick walls which looked utterly bizarre. A couple of men and women cursed under their breaths and fled, not wanting to take on the unknown interrupter. Well, they probably knew who had just arrived to witness the party.

Only a few men and women stood there, their eyes hungrily searching for the masked vigilante. Skylar was slightly confused at first, but it didn't take her time to realize who the unknown man was.

Spiderman, duh. Of course he had come to rescue her.

Of course.

All of a sudden, the vigilante landed in front of the girl, his back facing her. He then turned to look at her, his mechanical eyes widening at the sight of the fallen men behind the girl.

Crossing her arms, she stared back at the man in the red and blue onesie, waiting for him to do God knows what. His gaze then shifted to the gang who were advancing in his direction. In literally no time, the men and women were webbed up to the brick wall, after getting punched here and there, with Spiderman blabbering random shit to them non-stop.

He didn't seem to shut his mouth even for a second which was found extremely annoying by the gang. At that time, it was hard for them to maintain a clear head and defeat the masked chatterbox, which then resulted to them being plastered to the wall by slimy, stringy and sticky webbing.

Sky only stood there, doing nothing instead of just politely thanking the vigilante.

"Miss. Are you alright?" The masked man asked, his voice muffled due to the cloth covering his face. He moved closer to her, to check if she had received any injury from those imbeciles.

"I'm fine, thanks. You know, I actually had that handled; you didn't have to come here and save me from this mess." Sky said, gesturing towards the unconscious men and the people stuck to the wall; who were also knocked out.

The girl loathed the eerie concept of 'damsel in distress' and always held a grudge against people who somewhat followed that.

The vigilante scratched the back of his neck, well his mask, his mechanical eyes widening slightly. He was at a loss of words; unable to reply with a coherent sentence. People would usually thank him repeatedly for saving their lives, but with this girl, that wasn't the case.

"I...uh..well, I assumed you required help, ma'am." Spiderman stuttered, his voice sounding somewhat familiar to the girl. She narrowed her eyes at his winged white ones and crossed her arms. She didn't wanna be rude to the man who helped her, so she offered him thanks and turned to head home. After all, he was her favourite hero, but never did she dream about him rescuing her, ever.

"Wait miss!" Spiderman called out, making Sky stop in her tracks. She turned around with a nonchalant look on her face, obviously appearing slightly annoyed.

"If you would allow me to take you home, miss. It'll hardly take a second or two." He asked in a polite manner, taking small steps towards her.

"That's no problem. I can-"

"Miss. I insist." The man said, his voice softening at his request. Rejecting his help would be stupid now, so the girl sighed in defeat and shrugged.

Sky was mildly furious, but she kept on of mentally reminding herself that Spiderman was going to drop her home. She loved him, truly, as the neighborhood hero, but her sassy attitude towards the vigilante made it seem like she despised him.

Deep down, she did respect him for his friendly service to the neighbourhood.

"Alright. I guess I'll just come with you." She sighed, allowing her shoulders to sag. She glanced at the unconscious men and the ones who were glued to the wall, also unconscious. She flinched slightly at the sight, but she didn't bother to call the cops. For some odd reason, she did feel slightly guilty for beating them in mercilessly.

"Hey. Don't worry about them. You only defended yourself." Spiderman said, stepping closer to the girl. She sighed again and gave a robotic nod.

"Let me take you home now. Y-you must be exhausted." He mumbled. Sky nodded again, this time offering him a polite smile. It was only better to just go with him as she didn't have an inclination for another nasty encounter.

"Well...uh you can just..." Spiderman stuttered as he gently guided one of Sky's arms around his neck while he wrapped his strong arm around her waist. 

The girl could feel some heat rising in her cheeks as she had never been in a close contact with a male, unless you count Sky tumbling onto boys during Quidditch practices.

"Don't you dare drop me." She teased, letting out a soft chuckle. The man only nodded, his expressions clearly hidden by his mask making her wonder if he smiled or cringed at the comment.

The pair were insanely close to each other, almost locked into each other. The feeling of this kind of closeness had faded from Skylar as this was a matter of dropping her off home.

"Alright, just hold on tight." Spiderman said while positioning himself for take-off. The vigilante sighed ever so slightly, but Sky's ears were sharp enough to hear it.

At that moment, for some odd reason, she believed she was going to die.

~~~~~~~~~

EDITED - 24 MAY, 2019.