Chapter Seventeen: The Relay/Awards

After weeks of recording, challenges, drama, and all that fun stuff, we were finally at the end. It was officially time to record the final video for the winter games. I wasn't sure what we were exactly doing, but I did know it was going to be a relay. And I did know that I am not a runner.

"Everyone meet outside for the shoot! Five minutes!" Ian shouted throughout the lodge. I was in the process of packing my bags, putting away the last of my clothes. For the challenge, I wore some black smosh sweat pants, black snow boots, a sweater and a team hoodie. To top it off, I pulled on a gray beanie just for fashion.

As I finished getting dressed, I made my way downstairs, but not before bumping into a heap of men. Standing at the bottom of the stairwell stood Damien and Shayne, who were in the middle of a conversation, before I quite literally dropped in on them.

"U-Uh sorry about that. I wasn't paying attention."

"No problem. You okay?" Shayne asked, helping me to my feet so I could stand. I dusted off my hoodie, and glanced between the two.

"Still excited from the other day?" Damien finally broke the silence, and I nodded. "I can't believe I can officially be apart of Smosh Games!"

"We are excited to have you." Mari said as she walked past us. "You guys should probably start heading to the shoot."

We all nodded, and followed her to where the coarse was. My eyes widened as I saw different stations set up. One with cups, one with some sleds on a hill, and an area where Joe and Sunny stood with marshmallow shooters. Behind then there was a red line drawn in the snow, assuming it the finish line.

"Everybody ready for the final game?" Ian shouted, and we all cheered. The camera men counted down, and for one final time, we all shouted;

"SMOSH WINTER GAMES! SNOOOWWWPACOLYPSE!"

"What's up everybody, it's here, finally! The final showdown between the Slashalanches and Bro Flurries! We are doing a relay, as per usual, but this time it'll be a three legged race. Each team has six members, so two members will be tied by the ankle, and race with another group. You must work together to first get to the chug station, where the two members must chug a cup of hot chocolate. Then, you'll run up the hill to the sleds, where you both will sit down, and slide down to the next station where Joe and Sunny are armed with Marshmallow shooters. Both members must catch a marshmallow in their mouth, and then race to the line to set off the next team. The first team to have all three groups cross the finish line, wins! Now, the Slashalanches are ahead by one win, so they will have a ten second head start."

I listened carefully to the rules, and nodded as the cameras shut off so we could group up. I glanced around my team, trying to pick who I would work best with. Courtney would be a good choice, since we are pretty close in height.

I was going to head over to her, but my wrist was grabbed, and tugged towards someone else. When I turned to see my captor, it turned out to be none other than Damien.

"Let's team up." He stated, more than asked, as he kneeled down and started binding our ankles together. I felt my cheeks heat up, but I doubt he would notice, being as it could be simply blamed on the cold.

Once he was finished, he stood up, and we both sort of wobbled. "Let's do a few practice laps to get used to each others rhythms, okay?" He said. I nodded in agreement, wrapping my arm around his waist to steady myself. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders, and we both began walking.

It was awkward at first, but we soon found a good step to match with each other. We fell into the same pace, and gave thumbs up as we felt good about our chances of winning.