Chapter One

Peanuts and idiots

“Liona”

Jab

“Lionaa”

Jab

“Liona wake up you idiot.” Louis said while pulling me out of my slumber. He sat next to me during our cross-Atlantic voyage

“What do you want?” I mumbled with closed eyes. He pried them apart and the ungodly sunlight nearly blinded me.

“I’m bored and I don’t want to watch Forrest Gump for the third time in a row.” He whined and by then I was ready to punch the guy.

“Just watch another movie and let me sleep.” I moaned and turned away, though not even three minutes later did he start jabbing me in butt.

“LionaLionaLionaLiona. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up!”

“I hate you” I muttered. I was now completely awake and even though it was three in the morning, I won’t be able to fall asleep for the rest of the lagging flight.

“You love me. I know you do” Louis teased, and the worst part is that I do love this annoying goofball that I call my best friend. I smiled and stuck my tongue out.

“Okay, now let’s do something. I had a creative spark while you were sleeping. Some lyrics just appeared in my brain. What do you think of ‘oh love, I’d die without seeing the simple things you do. Like when you wake up and smile and say hello and how are you. The way you laugh, you talk and you say my name. The way you answer when I call ‘cause I miss your flame’?” He sang and at that moment I was so proud of him. My little Boo. I knew the song had an ambiguous receiver of who he was singing it to. He and Eleanor were dating but I saw something in his eyes that told me something else.

“It’s beautiful Louis, it makes me feel fuzzy and mushy. You’re such a romantic.” I pestered. “I’m glad you can feel that way.”

“Aww little Liona doesn’t know the feeling of love”

“No... I love you.” I said, and it’s true, he is my best friend.

“That’s completely different. Eventually, you’ll know the difference.”

“Well I am in a completely dedicated relationship with food-”

“Speaking of food,” he cut me off, “where are the peanuts?” He then furiously pressed the flight attendant button multiple times muttering about peanuts until she appeared.

“Hi there, what can I do for you?” she asked with her irritating chirpy voice.

“Where are the peanuts? The flight peanuts. I’m really hungry!” he practically demanded.

“They’ll be out in an hour.” She said then turned away.

“An hour? No, no, no. I need food now.”

“I apologise sir, but you’ll have to wait.”

“Hey lady, I need my goddamn peanuts before my stomach caves in so walk to that cabin and bring me three bags of Air Canada flight peanuts!” I was laughing uncontrollably at the scene that was happening in the plane and I heard Niall stifle a giggle in the seat behind us.

“Sir, each passenger is allowed one bag, and they’ll be distributed at a scheduled time.”

Miss,” he mocked with the same calmed tone “my stomach does not run on a predetermined schedule, so the snack cart shouldn’t either, and we should all be allowed more than one bag considering there are four peanuts in each. Now get me my motherfucking food!” he snapped. By then Niall let out a howl of laughter and Liam was trying to hide his own amusement as he slid off his earphones.