Chapter 8 - christmas pt. 1

It was finally the day before the 24th of december and the whole group was in a good mood. They decided to place the presents underneath the tree already.

Their plan for christmas eve was that they would eat some breakfast together, go ice skating, then come back home to spend time together, eat and exchange their Secret Santa gifts. And on the 25th they would open their actual presents and spent some more time together.

But for today they wanted to watch christmas movies together, since it was the holiday season and none of them had to go to uni or work.

They were all sprawled out on the couch and the armchair, while some where even sitting on the floor - the disadvantage of having a big friend group.

"Could you pass me the chocolate milk." Winwin asked Jaehyun, who was sitting on the floor by the coffee table. He gave Winwin the milk, before grabbing his own drink.

"Is everyone seated, can I finally start the movie now?" Ava asked everyone, when Layla came running from her room with her own blanket.

"Now you can." She grinned after squeezing herself  between Mark and Winwin. Winwin snorted at Ava's reaction, while Mark chuckled at Layla's childish grin.

While the movie was playing Ava felt Yuta move his arm around her shoulder to place it on top of the couch, which surprisingly didn't bother her. But it bothered Kun, who was sitting on the other side of the couch. He was glancing at Yuta with a frown.

"Are you cold? You're kind of shivering." Yuta whispered to Ava, so only she could hear.

"Yeah a little bit not gonna lie." she truthfully replied with a breathy chuckle. Yuta grabbed the blanket that was thrown over them and pulled it further to Ava. He also moved a little closer and finally placed his arm fully around her shoulder, which resulted in her blushing.

"Better?" Yuta cheekily asked and she silently giggled, nodding.

Meanwhile Kun was close to getting up and leaving, but he tried to control himself and focused on the movie, even though his mind was still crowded with thoughts about Ava.

They were just about to start the third movie, when Mark felt Layla sleepily cuddling more towards him, he was startled at first, but he obviously didn't push her away. He also threw his arm around her and hugged her body closer to his side. His eyes drifted to Jungwoo, who was already watching them with his eyebrows furrowed, but when he noticed Mark's eyes on him, he quickly looked away. Mark felt an uneasy feeling, but he didn't know if it was guilt because of the fact that he was scared about Jungwoo's reaction. Or if it was because of something else that he couldn't point his finger to.

"Can you pass me my chocolate milk, please?" his thoughts were interrupted by Layla's whispering voice.

"Hm?" he looked down at her and she pointed at the drink that was placed on the coffee table. He understood and grabbed it, holding it infront of her. She quickly thanked him and grabbed the milk.

The rest of the day the group continued watching movies and talked happily about the following days. And then they decided that Lucas and their other friends, Taeil, Ten and Taeyong should also come for the christmas dinner. Then Layla had the kind idea to invite their old neighbours too, since they were still friends with them. And Ava sent a text to Seohyun, who was more than happy to meet everyone and see Ava again.

"Taeil and Lucas can come." Jungwoo informed the group after checking his messages with them.

"Taeyong hasn't replied yet and neither has Ten." Jaehyun added with a shrug.

"The girls can come too." Layla said, happy about seeing their friends again.

"So can Seohyun." Ava nodded along, putting her phone back on the table.