Im okay

Today was gonna be different.

Today is gonna be hard.

I can get through it.

It's been a total of 4 months since my brother Jason tragically died from cancer.

It's been really hard on me and my family. Mostly me because Jason and I were seniors this year. I mean he was supposed to be. Not seeing him every day is going to be the hardest thing that I have ever experienced.

I have a complicated life. Check
I have a complicated family. Check
I have a complicated ex. Double check

Today is gonna be different.

When people ask me how I am doing. I will say " I'm okay" even though in reality I'm not.

"Madelyn lets go, your gonna be late on your first last day!" My mom yelled from the kitchen.

I go downstairs and there is my gorgeous mom her name is Kate always wearing amazing outfits that make her look slimming and her perfume that always makes me want more hugs. Then there is John my step dad. He is funny and cool. I trust him and he trusts me. We do as many father daughter things as possible. My real father died 8 years ago in a shooting. He was a cop and a pretty good one. I was 9 when he died I didn't know him much, but from what my mom told me he was an amazing cook and loved me so much. I still think about him everyday. But now I know Jason is there to keep him company. My brother loved him. He remembered him more than I did. God I miss them both so much. It's weird not having a brother or father anymore. I mean John has always been like a dad to me, but I still am curious about my real father.

I left. Got in my car and headed to Jennifer's house. Or other words known as Jenny. We have been friends since we were 7. When my dad died she was there for me whenever I needed her and Jenny's mom was and still is best friends with my mom. I call her my second mom or my aunt because when my mom was going through a rough patch when he died, she took care of me and Jason. Ever since Jason died Jenny has been there more than ever. I love her like crazy and I don't know what I would do without her. She's my other half.

She got in the car all happy that's why I love her. She never shows when something is making her upset or mad and she is always happy and has a smile on her face.

"You ready for today?" Jenny said.

"Ready as I'll ever be" I said as I put the car in reverse and drove us to school.

When we got to school we both got out and everyone was starting at me.

"Everyone is starting at me it's really creepy" I said to Jenny.

"Ignore them, they are just jealous as hell on how hot you got over summer" Jenny replied.

I laughed.

When we got inside we went to our lockers. We didn't share a locker but our lockers are literally right next to each other.

"Luke is starting at you" Jenny said

I waved at him and he just looked at me and then looked away and then closed his locker and then walked away.

"Well he's not gonna be talking to me"

"Maddy he doesn't understand. He needs time. You were his first love and he was yours" Jenny said

"I know. I broke up with him to get some time especially when Jason died" I said looking into space in my locker.

"Ya know what he just needs time to get over himself. Let's go to physics" Jenny said as she closed her locker.

I nodded. I closed my locker and we both headed to physics. We always sit next to each other never apart. Mr. Enderson knew that so even if there was a seating chart he knew to place us by each other. We always work better rather than apart.

"Excuse me, Mr. Enderson. This is your new student. Liam Kindersin. Transfer from South Palm High in Florida. So everyone please give him a warm welcome and make him feel comfortable here at Westmoreland high" Principle Higgins announced.

Holy crap. He was cute.

"Is this seat taken?" Liam said while looking at me.

"No not at all. All yours" I said smiling and acting kinda nervous.

"I'm Liam." He said with his amazing ocean blue eyes.

"I'm Madelyn, but everyone calls me Maddy" I said back while I tried to contain myself from looking at his gorgeous blue eyes.

"Nice to meet you Maddy" he said smiling.

"You too Liam." I said smiling back at him.

I felt my phone vibrate. It was a text from Jenny.

Jenny
He keeps looking at you;)

Me
Stopppp😂

I looked up from my phone and put it back in my pocket. I looked back to Mr. Enderson as I giggled a little.

The bell rang as first was over. I grabbed all my things and Jenny was already gone because her second period was all the way across the school while mine was 2 doors down. I walked out the door and there he was. Liam. Gorgeous. Tall. Piercing blue eyes.

"Hey Maddy" I heard behind me

"Hey Liam" I said as I turned around with a smile on my face.

"I was wondering if maybe we could hang out today after school? I know it's weird that I have only been here not even a whole day. But I don't really have many friends" Liam said.

I could tell he was nervous.

"Yeah sure. What would you wanna do?" I asked all smiley.

"Umm can I text you and let you know?"

"Of course here's my number. Just text me and let me know:)" I said giving him my number and smiling back at him.