Chapter 8

The snap that sent Emiria flying rang through the air. Emiria got up unsteadily, looking for her attacker. Her back stung, and at first, all she could see was bright light. Then, she realised the light came from a pair of whips wrapped around her torso. They squeezed, making Emiria's already injured spine scream with pain. Emiria gritted her teeth, grabbing her ring, and transforming. Her teal and black dress appeared, as her black handgun sprang onto her hand. She twisted, firing at the girl as best as she could. The girl just smiled, flinging Emiria into the air again, knocking her aim off.

"I should have been more careful," She remarked, "Letting another magical girl see it was dangerous, so I must catch you before you become a real threat. I should finish you off soon, but it gets kind of fun practising." Her whips slapped against Emiria's leg, and she flinched, rolling to the side, just as a whip struck the place where her head had been.

Emiria hissed, bringing her hand up, firing at the white girl.

"My name's Rena, by the way." Rena said, as she ducked easily out of the way of the bullets. Emiria found, with a gasp of horror, that one of the whips had wrapped itself around her arm tightly. Rena yanked the whip, sending Emiria flying forward.

Wincing in pain, she got up slowly, feeling terrified, realising that she was greatly outpowered by that white magical girl.

Ayame heard a cry from the alleyway she was just passing. Turning quickly, she thought she saw a flash of light, and went to investigate.

The sight she found shocked her. A girl lay on the ground, evidently a magical girl, as she lay there, trembling in pain, her black handgun lying on the ground uselessly.

"Oops," A voice came from the other side of the alley, "Guess I let someone see."

"Oh well," She sighed, "Guess I'll have to make it quick." Ayame could only watch in shock and horror, as a pair of glowing whips wrapped around Emiria's limp body. The girl's red eyes glowed, as she stared fiercely at the still magical girl. There was a flash, and then both magical girls were gone.

"Homura, I need to talk to you." Ayame told the other magical girl. Homura's eyes flashed, as she stared at Ayame with an unreadable expression.

'Fine," She said briefly, walking out of the classroom, "Just make it quick." Ayame followed her, grateful that Madoka wasn't there. It was something that only magical girls should know.