Chapter 24

"What's got you smiling?" I placed my phone on the table and looked across at my mother. 

"I'm always smiling," I said with a smile.

 Her brown eyes glimmered, "It's a boy, isn't it? Oh, my baby girl found a boy. I have to meet him."

I rolled my eyes, "Why do you have to automatically assume that I'm because of a man?"

  "Because it's true isn't it? You're love. I saw the way you blushed at that text message, what did it say? As a matter of fact, let me check myself." I was fast, but my mom was faster. She quickly grabbed my phone from beside my teacup. I tried to reach for it a few times but failed. I sighed and Surrendered it's not like she knew my password anyway.

  "Awe isn't this sweet. He's handsome Kari, very handsome." I faced palmed myself because I totally forgot I had place Seth as my screen lock wallpaper. It was a picture with him sleeping, his blond hair was a mess and he was partially covered with my white sheets.

What was I thinking when placed his picture for my wallpaper?

 Oh, yeah.

Awe, he looks so cute...

 And then I snap a few until I found the perfected one.

  "I can't wait to see you later." My mom started to read. I lifted my head up in horror.

  "Mom No! You can't read my text messages anymore, I'm an adult." I looked across at her pleading, "How do you even have my password?"

  She shrugged, "Darling you used those numbers for everything. Let's just pray to God you don't use them for your bank card."

I did.

  My mother looked back down on the phone then started to read again, "'Me either. I love seeing you in that sexy suit that I will rip off your body.' What a flirt! I like him...'Only if I get to rip yours first.' Oh, my Daughter is a little kinky, isn't she?" I couldn't although my mother to read any more of Seth's text message so waited until her eyes were focused on the phone to quickly grab it from her hands.

  I sighed when my iPhone was in my hands safe.

 She laughed and shook her head, "Honey you don't have to be shy you dad and I send messages like that to each other all the time. We even do doctor and patient roleplay all the time. That's my favourite. When your father..."

   I lifted my hands up, "Stop! Stop! Stop! I do not want to hear about you and dad's sex life. I like the dreams I've been having these days."

She grinned, "You mean dreams about the blond? What's his name, Kari?"

  I shook my head, "It's not important."

  "He is important if he has you smiling like a school girl in love. He's definitely important if you have him as your wallpaper. Now I'm your mom I deserve to know the name of the guy you're sleeping with so when he breaks your heart, I'll do something to his." I knew my mom was semi-serious with her 'if he breaks my babies heart speech' and I knew this because a week after Richard and I break up he ended in the hospital, the same one my mom worked at. Let's just say I don't think he accidentally caught that virus.

  "His name is Seth and he's a sweetheart."

 "Awe, that's sweet. What's his last name?"

 "Parker."

  "Karishma Jones-Parker...Karishma Parker...hmm, that sounds nice." I laughed at my mother's Folly. "You should make him fall in love with you then let him marry you. I like the name, Parker."