Chapter 30

Song: "Let's Kill Tonight" By Panic! At The Disco

I felt a heavy weight draped on my waist as warm air hit the back of my neck

I felt a heavy weight draped on my waist as warm air hit the back of my neck. I moved to lay on my stomach, burying my face deeper into my pillow. The arm on my waist slid to my back through the process.

The sound of light snores came from my lovely mate sleeping soundly next to me, our legs tangled together in the sheets.

I felt myself slowly drifting back to sleep but the sound of the door swinging open startled me. Damien stirred in his sleep, his arm moving away from me as he placed his pillow over his head. I glanced at the intruder and rolled my eyes when I saw that it was Colton who woke us up.

"Oh!"

I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"What?"

He stared at me, his eyes wide. I didn't miss his eyes scanning my body.

"You're naked."

Damien reacted before I could, pulling the sheets over my body and shielding me from Colton's prying eyes with his own body.

He growled at Colton, "Get the fuck out."

"Everyone's downstairs ready for presents. Preston's getting impatient."

I couldn't help but laugh. He always was the first one downstairs on Christmas morning, ready to open presents. He barged into my room, demanding that if I don't get up he'll drag me down.

"We'll be down in a couple minutes," I told Colton as I peeked over Damien's shoulder.

Colton turned and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

A laugh escaped my mouth as I sat up, the sheets pooling around my waist. Damien leaned back on his hand, his dark gaze dropping to my chest. I watched his icy eyes grow darker the longer they took in my exposed skin.

I allowed my eyes to take in his completely naked state, appreciating every smooth plane of skin available to me. I enjoyed staring at his rippling muscles and every valley of his abdominal muscles. My mate was definitely a sight to see.

Damien leaned forward and moved his hand so it rested on my lower back, his fingers gently caressing my exposed skin.

I sucked in a sharp breath at the feel of his fingers brushing my skin. I was never going to get used to the feeling.

"You're so beautiful," he murmured, his voice causing warmth to spread throughout my body.

"You're not so bad yourself," I replied with a smirk as I ran my hand up his smooth chest, enjoying the feel of him shudder under my touch. My hand slid lower, feeling the planes of his abdomen.

I watched Damien pull his lip in between his teeth as he watched me with hooded eyes, with anticipation, daring me to go lower. Before I could make any move, a knock on the door brought us out of our moment.