Chapter 4 : The Customer

This chapter is dedicated to my dear friend, @blurredintricacies for her immense love and support. ❤️ Thank you so much!

_________________________________

Unedited

__________________________________

"Convincing, Mr. Ritter. I will buy this place," He smiled at Brandon Ritter, the man who just made a deal with him, selling the property consisting of a grand manor on the hill.

"It's been an honor to have you as our client, Mr. Deighton. We are sure, it will be a comfortable stay," Ritter smiled and signed the papers followed by Deighton.

"That, it will be," He grinned and took the papers that Ritter provided. With a firm handshake, Deighton offered Ritter to walk him out of the manor, politely.

"I will have this place cleaned and refurbished, sir," Geldard turned to his employer after Ritter left and got a simple nod in response.

"After it's completion and when the workerd have left, I would want to have the portrait hung carefully in my bedroom," Informing Geldard, he took a quick look at his black pocket watch and left the hall in a haste.

___________________________________

"Ghosts, vampires and demons?" Crystal questioned Joe, who told them a story of the supernatural creatures on their way back to their homes.

A pedestrian passing by gave them a horrified look which the three friends shrugged off.

"Yes, scary ghosts, blood sucking vampires and soul snatching demons. Myths about them have been passed on through folklores for years. Personally, I do believe they are quiet great," He made her believe by emphasizing on the absurd point.

"Vampires are said to be good looking and romantic creatures. Wish I had my own loving vampire. I have heard a lot about them too," Reyna clawed her hands and stuck up her lips to reveal her teeth like a monster.

"Oh, but it's certainly not great when they start draining you out of your blood or taking away your soul," Crystal chuckled.

"Why want a vampire? When you can have this handsome lad," Joe poked a finger on his chest and Reyna laughed hysterically. "Yes, sure. In your dreams Joey."

Crystal simply smiled and stared back at Joe who contoured his face to make himself appear offended. His eyes flickered to Crystal's soft, charming face and his face lit up.

"I think I will leave you two alone. I need to buy some oranges on my way home," She waved her hand and left a giggling Reyna and scowling Joe behind.

Crystal walked alone to the next street and stopped before the fruit shop where she asked the seller to pack her twelve oranges. She paid the sum and took the bag of oranges in her arms, while humming a tune on her way back.

Her mind wandered to the thought of vampires and ghosts. She had heard stories but knew they weren't real. Those creatures only existed in stories and myths. There was no way she can ever encounter such a fierce and frightening creature, she told herself.

During Halloween, Joe always dressed up as count Dracula or another random ghost and instead of being scared at the sight, all the friends would end up laughing because of his casual jokes and funny gestures. Joe had been her classmate since the past four years after he moved in the town with his parents.

He had beautiful, thick golden hair and glittery baby blue eyes that added to his boyish charms. Some of the girls had a crush on Joey but his occasional habit of throwing away matters by jokes often turned them down. Even Mel liked Joe and to get his attention in an odd sort of way, she would complain about and tease Joe. But that just made Joe loath her more.