Chapter 16 : Miss Dorris

Two updates in a week! 🎉

Hope this quarantine hasn't been too boringly harsh to you. Surely most of you must be working or studying from home having a gala time when you see your friends'/colleagues' funny faces through the web cam and have a hearty laugh or spending quality time with your family.

I hope you all are safe and doing well. All we can pray is that things get back to normal soon when the world is done having it's moment.

Stay safe, stay home. Happy reading!

.
.
.
.
.
____________________________

{UNEDITED}

_____________________________

The next morning rose into the light slower than any of the nights before. Crystal woke up on an empty bed with a comfortable warmth cocooning her. She never wanted to leave the oddly familiar place but she knew she couldn't stay at Mr. Deighton's house like this. She had to go back to her father who certainly must have lost his mind due to her absence.

She got up and sniffed in her sleeve, her dress smelt of Mr. Deighton's cologne and as much as she loved it, it gave her strange insecurities. She held the hem of the neck of the dress and raised it to peek inside to see if her undergarments were intact and thank the lord, they were. Even though she knew Mr. Deighton would do nothing without her consent, her father had taught her not to believe any person blindly. No matter how close you may get to them and Mr. Deighton was in fact, a mysterious figure.

Crystal stretched her arms and got up on her feet. She noticed the maid that she had met earlier had neatly placed her dried garments on the table with her other accessories. There also lay a set of casual outwear and she even provided a spare towel in case she decided to have a shower. Crystal took the spare towel and mentally thanked the kind maid for also folding and placing a pair of extra undergarments inside the roll of towel.

Crystal twisted the golden knob of the en suite and stepped in taking a brief look of the lavish washroom. It could be as big as her room, she thought. There were female toiletries and she thought if Laura had placed them inside while she slept. The washroom was neat and dried, but a whiff of male soap and musky perfume couldn't be missed.

"It surely must be his room," She whispered to herself and noticed all the washroom supplies needed by males to groom themselves were placed over the marble shelves.

She locked the door carefully behind her and stripped herself off of the white nightgown. Crystal looked herself into the large mirror and shyly unclasped her bra and removed her panties. She wrapped a towel around her body and gingerly walked towards the large white marble bathtub with a golden rim around, gold tap and adjustments. It had already been filled with warm, clean water that had rose petals spread over the top layer and a mild rosy scent mixed in it. The tub stood before a huge window overlooking a splendid view of the thick green coniferous forest on the back of the manor.

She drew the blinds just a little to enjoy the view, tied her luscious black locks up in a bun and slipped into the tub. It was all too relaxing and good to be true, she thought.

After being done with her business, she stood before the bathroom mirror in the dress Laura provided and struggled with the three tiny hooks at the back. Without clasping the hooks shut, her soft bare back would be out in an unwanted display. Crystal tried for a while until her arms ached and she thought of stepping out in the room and see if she could call Laura for some help.