• Chapter 2 •

Kaito's POV

Me and Meiko didn't hesitate to run to the hospital just to see how Clara was doing. When we arrive there, we were both in horrified to see many bloodied patients. I feel Meiko hold my hand tightly, I turn to her and her look was ridden with worry and fear over our friend's life. I hold her hand tightly to assure her it will be okay.

We started walking past all the injured patients. We both arrived at the room where Clara is, the doctor looked at us. He checked the papers on his checkboard or something. I don't know what they call that.

"Kaito Shion and Meiko Sakine, I assume." He says to the both of us. We both nod.

"We had to contact you two due to the absence of her husband and her relatives." He says.

"How did you even get our number?" I asked him.

"The little boy, who we sent home, gave it to us, saying you two can help." He answered us. I scoff.

"And you just believed him?" I asked him again.

"He's still pretty young so I might as well believe him."

"What kind of idioti-"

"Kaito." Meiko calls. "The one who gave the number is Wil." She says to me. I sighed and nod to her statement, we turn to the doctor.

"As you can probably see-"

"We're not blind." I hissed at him. I feel Meiko hit my side lightly. I roll my eyes and didn't listen to the doctor's pestering words. Meiko, however had kept listening.

----Timeskip
Meiko's POV

I look at Clara's state. I could feel my eyes well up with tears as I hold my friend's hands...Clara was more than a friend to me, she was like family...Why would something like this happen to her...

Kaito rubs my back and says to me that everything will be alright. I look at him, with tears falling from my eyes. He gave me a small smile and kissed my forehead. He then wiped my tears and pressed his forehead against mine.

"Shh, she'll be okay! She'll be well." He comforts and helps me up because I was sitting on the ground.

We both turn to Clara.

"You better wake up or else I'll eat ALL of your Nachos!" Kaito says teasingly to her. I giggle a little, he turns to me with a huge smile on his face. We both stick around her for awhile, after an hour later we left.

"Hey, without Clara...How would Wil manage...? I mean, how could a 3 year old handle living...alone?" Kaito asks me.

"I don't know, maybe his Dad will finally take acti-"

"His Dad's been missing for 3 years already. Why would he come home?"

"Because of his wife being on a coma." I answer him. He rolls his eyes.

"I bet Bruno doesn't even know he has a kid." Kaito growls. I look down, and look back at him.

"Are you angry at Bruno?"

"He's my Brother. I am beyond angry at him. Leaving his wife to suffer alone with a kid she was forced to raise alone."

I stop at my tracks.

"Bruno's your brother....?"

"Huh, yeah. He is. I told you before, didn't I?"

"No, you didn't!" I shouted at him.

"Yes, I did! After the celebration of Bruno's arrival! I told you at night!" Kaito shouts back at me. I freeze, oh shit....

"I WAS DRUNK!"

"WELL MAKE THAT A LESSON FOR YOU, YA ALCHOL-OBSSESSED LADY!" He shouts at me.

We both stare at eachother angrily, then we break into a fit of laughter. I hit him in the back.

"Find a better insults, Kai-hoe."

It was pure silence between us. The stars were shining brightly, his blue hair seem to reflect the shine and his deep blue eyes keeps capturing my heart.

"You're still cute as ever, Meiko-chan." He says to me and keeps walking on the trail. I follow him with a slight blush on my face.

"This isn't the usual trail to your home." I say to him. He chuckles.

"Well," He looks at me again, this time his eyes gleaming with happiness and excitement. "I've been always wanting to be a Father..."

I suddenly blush madly.

"Wh-What?!"

He suddenly blushes as well and starts freaking out.

"Nononono! That's not what I meant, I promise! I-It's about Clara's kid!"

I cup my cheeks to hide the blush on my face, but I don't think that would hide anything since my face is pretty much very red.

"I-It's just for a short time..." He says. He takes a step back and starts rubbing the back of his neck.

"So, would you please be my temporary wife...?"

-----