Mischiefs With the Mistletoe

The wind was howling outside and snow was falling to the ground, but inside the Fairy Tail Guild House it was warm and cosy. As usual, everyone had gathered to the Hall as it was Christmas Eve, ready to eat and drink and party all night long until the morning of Christmas Day.

Freed wouldn't say that he was much of a Christmas person, but he didn't hate it either. He enjoyed when he could watch how his guild mates were having fun, dancing and talking with each other. He chuckled as he followed how Asuka beamed around the Hall with a mistletoe and she was pairing everyone with it. No one could say no to her when she told who should kiss who. Freed was pretty sure Mirajane was behind all this and told her who to pair with who.

The rune mage smiled when this time Asuka climbed on the table and hold the mistletoe above Elfman and Evergreen. He couldn't hear what was said over all the hassle but of course both were stuttering something like how they were not a couple and Ever probably said she didn't even like Elfman and so on. But fighting against Asuka's decision was futile. In the end they ended up kissing quickly, both blushing and Freed smirked when he saw small and happy smile for a second on Ever's lips before she returned back to her usual self and was assuring she kissed Elfman only because Asuka said so. They all knew better. Ever and Elfman had been 'secretly' dating a long time already.

Next in the line was Reedus and Laki who happened to sit next to each other. Laki seemed happy, saying something and Reedus was red as a tomato while Asuka giggled and obviously commanded them to follow the rules.

Freed smiled and sipped his tea. He was sitting at their usual table just beside the railing at the second floor. It was a good place from where he could keep an eye on everything and still enjoy his own peace. It wasn't that he felt like he didn't belong to celebrate with others, he just simply liked it this way. He would join the others downstairs later and of course he too would take a drink or two.

Steps from the stairs made him glance who was approaching and he smiled to Asuka.

"Are you having fun with everyone?" Freed asked.

"Yes!" Asuka grinned. "Freed, why are you sitting here upstairs?"

"Hm? I like it here", Freed smiled.

"Aren't you bored?"

"Not at all, I've been looking how you are pairing everyone", Freed chuckled and Asuka giggled.

"Mira told me I should do that and everyone would have a good time", she said happily.

"Is that so?" Freed asked like he was surprised.

"But that is a secret, so it's a hush-hush."

"You can count on me, Asuka. I won't tell a soul. So who are you going to kiss then?"

"Everyone!" Asuka beamed happily.

"Wow, even Porlyusica?"

"Of course!"

"And Bickslow?"

"Yes!"

"What about Laxus? Aren't you scared that he might zap you?" Freed asked playfully.

"No-one can fight against the power of a mistletoe, not even Laxus", Asuka said crossing her arms.

"You're going to have a long night then ahead of you if you're going to fulfil your mission."

"Not if I start right away", Asuka smiled and she climbed on the chair. "Merry Christmas, Freed", she said kissing Freed's cheek, making the rune mage smile.

"Merry Christmas, Asuka", he said and the girl hopped back to the floor, skipping to the stairway. Freed chuckled and started to follow again what happened downstairs.