[ 002 ] a not so happy reunion

𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐒
CHAPTER TWO!

[ 002 ]𝙖 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙨𝙤 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙮 𝙧𝙚𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙣。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

[ 002 ]
𝙖 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙨𝙤 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙮 𝙧𝙚𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙣
。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

                      ͏Nova Mendel attempted to kill herself three distinct times in her lifetime. First: her tenth birthday. A lonely preteen with zero friends (besides Bruce, who had been on vacation), two abusive brothers who took pride in tormenting her, a drug-addicted father who couldn't seem to take care of a plantlet alone three childrenand a mother that skipped town and got remarried in an instant, all in all, was not too helpful of a combination. After getting punched for the fifteenth time that day by her beloved brother Kayden, getting stood-up by her father, and a mother who full-on ignored her birthday, Nova was tired of living. She took a whole bottle of painkillers. Out like a light, in immense pain, she finally thought all her problems would disappear. However, thanks to Nova's 'acquaintance' at the time (a random twelve-year-old girl named Naomi), she was found, laying on her bathroom floor, drenched in blood (from falling and cracking her head open). The twelve-year-old, whose goriest thing she had ever seen was The Human Centipede, screamed so loud Ezra had awoken from his drunken slumber. The ambulance was called and Nova was more than upset. God Dammit, why can't they just let me die?

Second: a few months after she first moved to London. Bored out of her life, being taught shit with no relevance by her tutors, no friends (absolutely none at all, unless you'd count Quentin who had just barely warmed up to her at the time), and an acne-ridden face all attributed to her second downfall. This time, although, she tried to drown herself. It didn't work out very well, as everyone can tell (since Nova's still breathing). The twelve-year-old girl tied a weight to the bottom of her feet and jumped into the deep end. She might've succeeded if it wasn't a Tuesday and if the pool-cleaner, who was scheduled to work every Friday, but needed to reschedule it, didn't dive in to save her.

Third: after most possibly the worst fight ever in her friend group. It was everyone against her and Ace, and she couldn't take the heat. She hung a noose on her ceiling fan, placed her head in, and plunged. One minute and thirty seconds later, Quentin discovered the girl after he walked into her room without knocking. He spontaneously clutched her body to enable her to breathe. "Fuck you, Quentin. Let me go."

"I'm not letting you go anywhere."

                       Nova relaxed on a makeshift bed in her new apartment, on a phone call with Ace Tremblay (national heartthrob and competitive wings eater). She was having a panic attack and her boyfriend (bless his heart) was trying to calm her down. "I detest it here, Ace. I miss you, and Quentin, and Marissa, and Vivian. Hell, I even miss my step-father, and he's a bit of an ass," she paused, "This is such a stupid thing to cry over. Don't you think, Ace? I'm a pitiful piece of shit and I don't deserve anything. You're too good for me. You perpetually have been and you always will be."