I Choose You!

"And Nidorino begins the battle with a Horn Attack! Oh, but Gengar bounces right back! And there it is, the Hypnosis Power of Gengar! This could be the end of Nidorino. Wait, the trainer recalled Nidorino. Which Pokémon will he use now? Oh, it's Onix. Now this giant Pokémon's on the attack. Oh-oh but Gengar jumps aside. Gengar is moving beautifully today..."

The announcer's voice filled my room as I watched the match. 

"Yes! And I'm Ash!" I cheered excitedly. 

Ashley Ketchum, a girl from Pallet Town. 

"And now that I'm fourteen, I can finally get my Pokemon license!" 

Fourteen year olds can get a beginner Pokemon from Professor Oak, the town's Pokemon expert. 

"I will journey to gain the wisdom of Pokemon training. And I hereby declare to the world of Pokemon I will be a Pokemon Master! Pokemon Master! That is what I'll--"

"Ash, get to bed! It's 11 o'clock and you should be asleep." My mom's voice cut through my train of thoughts. 

"But tomorrow I begin my Pokemon journey --  I can't sleep." I complained. 

"Well if you can't sleep, you should at least get ready for tomorrow. Here, watch this." My mom flicked the channel to the Tv, putting on Oak's Talk Show. 

---Time Skip till tomorrow---

I woke up to the Dodrio call. 

"Oh no, I'm late!" I darted out the door, making sure I was in my clothes before heading to the lab. I fixed my jacket, which was flying in the wind and nearly bumped into someone. 

My next-door neighbor, which just so happened to be the very cute annoying boy named Gary/Green/Blue. 

"Hey, watch where you're going! Well, you must be Ash. Better late than never, I guess. At least you got the chance to meet me!" His high-pitched voice filled my ears. 

"Gary/Green/Blue?" I asked. 

"Gary will do. Mister Gary to you! Show some respect!" He said in a smug voice. "Well, Ash, you snooze, you lose. I get a Pokemon and you don't." 

"You got a Pokemon? Can I see which one you got?" I asked, my interest boiling. 

"You'll see if you can get to Route 19. I'll be waiting there. If you can get a Pokemon." Gary grinned,  making himself even more infuriating to me. 

"For such a cute boy, you've got a pretty big ego." I snipped back, instantly regretting my words. 

Gary's eyes widened, and he laughed. "Brave words." Though he couldn't hide that blush of his...

"Move it, Gary. Stop talking to my sis." My brother's voice slashed through the air. 

"Hello, Ash. Glad you could make it to see your sister get a Pokemon." Gary's focus switched to my brother. 

Ash winced and he looked at me. My ten-year-old brother. "Can you go get a Pokemon, Ashley?" 

"That's what I'm trying to do, except this big lump of Snorlax won't move."  I glared at Gary. 

"I'm going, I'm going. Smell ya later, loser!" Gary waved and finally, finally left. 

"Ash, get back home." I told my little brother. 

"Aww, but I want to see you get a Pokemon." Ash complained. 

"Sorry, kid. But I don't want to be distracted." I looked at the lab in front of me and saw a figure. "Professor Oak!" 

"Hello there, Ashley. Come to get your first Pokemon?" The Professor asked.  

"Yeah!" I said excitedly. "I mean, yes, Professor." 

"Then come on in." The Professor walked back into his lab, I followed him. 

Three spotlights flickered on, each focused on three spots. Two of them had Pokeballs on it. One didn't. I guess that was the one Gary had taken. 

"So, Ashley. Have you decided on which starter you were going to pick?" Professor Oak asked. 

"Of course! I've always loved Fire-types, so I choose Charmander!" I picked up a Pokeball and opened it. 

The Fire-type appeared on the ground before me. "Charmander!"  

"Awww, it's so cute!" I squealed. 

"So you choose Charmander. This Pokemon can take a while to grow and get used to its' trainer. You must raise it patiently." Professor Oak said. 

"All right." I nodded. 

"Here is a Pokedex and Pokeballs. You can only have six Pokemon with you at a time." Oak warned. 

I smiled and nodded. "I'll visit as soon as I can get HM02." 

"Good luck!" Oak called as I ran out the door.