Chapter One

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Oh God, it's the first day of junior year.

"Sweetheart! It's time to wake up! You don't want to be late on your first day!" My mom shouted throughout the house.

I walked downstairs to find my dad sitting at the table going over his sermon for this Sunday, and my mom is in the kitchen plating eggs, bacon, and toast.

"Honey, what sounds better? 'Our hearts need' or 'Our heart's desire'"? My dad asked my mom without looking away from his computer.

"Definitely the second one." my mom said as she put two plates down on the table.

"Good morning mom, good morning dad," I said as I gave them both a kiss on the cheek. "How's the sermon prep going?" I asked as I shoveled eggs in my mouth. One thing to know about me is that I HATE missing a meal. It makes me grouchy and unpleasant to be around.

"Just fine, Victoria." He said with a smile. "Also, I meant to bring this up last night but you and Levi were out pretty late, which we will have a talk about young lady. Anyway, I want the youth worship team to lead worship this Sunday morning. I think it would be a good experience for you guys to grow as spiritual leaders." My dad is the pastor of a local church and I'm the youth worship leader. We only have a youth service once a week on Wednesdays. Levi is my best friend. We do everything together. He's like a brother to me, always has been.

"We'd love to! And yeah, about last night. I lost track of time, which I know is not an excuse but I am sorry." I said as I finished what was on my plate. "Well, I need to go finish getting ready, I'll see you guys after school!" My parents leave about 30 minutes before I do. My dad loves to be in his office as soon as possible to get as much work done as he can. My mother goes on her morning prayer walks before she starts her shift at our local bookstore.

I ran upstairs to finish getting ready. All of a sudden I get this rush of nostalgia, I start to remember my summer nights and the people I spent them with. Something tells me this is gonna be a year to remember.

~

I walk into the school building and the first person I spot is Levi.

"Hey, Tori! How did it go with your parents last night? Again, I'm really sorry for keeping you out so late." He said as gave me an awkward smile while running his fingers through his hair. Levi and my dad are pretty close so I don't think my dad will be too hard on me.

"No, it's fine. He didn't seem too upset. He just wants to talk about it later today. But I have to get to class, I'll see you later!" I said as I gave him a kiss on the cheek. Levi and I have always been affectionate towards one another which sparks a lot of dating rumors about us. It's kinda funny actually considering he is practically my brother.

I walked into homeroom and all of a sudden everything stopped. I'm paralyzed. I looked into my homeroom class and there she was. Alex Hays, the girl who destroyed any comfort I had in my personal life. My first crush.

"Hi, Alex..."

Flashback

"Come on Alex! You have to like someone at our school," I said prying into her personal life. "Please tell me!" I said giving her puppy eyes.

"Nope, it's a secret." She said with a sad smile.

I started tickling her and pinned her to the floor

"Teeellll meeeee"

She couldn't stop laughing and finally said "You"

My whole world stopped. "What do you mean?" I said as I let go of her.

"I like you, Victoria. I don't want things to change. I know you don't like girls and that you probably don't want anything to do with me anymore and I just can't stan-"

I kissed her.

The truth was that I had liked Alex. A lot. I knew it was wrong. I knew my parents would never let me see her again if they were to find out. But I couldn't stop myself.

The kiss was short and sweet. Everything in me was exploding. I just Kissed someone, no. I just kissed Alex.

My parents were standing there long enough to figure out what had happened and forbade us to see each other again. She ended up moving away due to her dad's work and I was sent to Christian therapy. Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking. Two girls together were never God's plans for humans. I mean, don't get me wrong. I love gay people, but I just can't support how they choose to live.

Back to the present

"Hey Victoria, long time no see." Alex said with a smile

Why do I feel this way? All she did was smile. No, I'm not giving into these feelings. I'm fine. Everything is great.

Hey Guys! My name is Bree! I started writing this story during the summer and then just stopped. I just didn't feel like it was the direction I wanted to take, but I am thrilled to get back in it! I hope you guys like my story :)

~ Bree